PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia routing question

cvgpilot
28th Feb 2009, 15:04
For those familiar with flying in SE Asia.....
Last month I was flying from Kuala Lampur to Kuching. Our handler filed us for G334 and approx FL mid 30s.
Upon takeoff, ATC seemed very confused. They initially gave us a low altitude, then tried to switch us over to M761 at a low altitude, which would not have worked for fuel.
I may have G334 and M761 confused, but they are both East-west oriented routes that pretty much parallel each other.
So we are trying to find out what the problem is, especially with our fuel situation being low. ATC then comes on asking our RVSM ability. We are RVSM capable. Apparently the filed route was for non rvsm planes only and we of course wanted to be on the RVSM higher altitude route. Looking at the enroute charts, there is no notes or visible differences between the two, but for ATC purposes, one is RVSM and the other is not.
Does anyone have any idea how this happened? Or how I can tell the difference between the two? Is it on the charts somewhere? Or NOTAMed? Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.

veloo maniam
3rd Mar 2009, 07:56
Hello cvgpilot..G334 is a RNAV route linking WMKK and WBGG and other destinations in Sarawak. If you were to refer to the Malaysian AIP under
Section ENR 3.1-9, it is highlighted that only FL250/270 are allocated.The reason is SIN ATC in cooperation with KUL ATC has agreed to a NO-PDC LEVEL of 250/270(eastbound) and 260/280(westbound) for this route. No closing speed on MNT. No PDC? No pre departure coordination.This agreement between both countries is to ease ATC coordination. Likewise a No PDC arrangement is also available for M758/M761 after VPK which is
250/270/290 from KUL. Anything higher is subject to real time coordination between both ACC. Now coming back to your predicament. When an aircraft FPLs on G334, The Ctlers mind is somewhat 'locked' to say (its definitely a non-rvsm acft unless they refer to your FPL) i.e why they asked whether u are rvsm compliant. ATC wasnt confused. It was your ground handler who goofed up things.He should have checked details at the KUL AIS. SIN ATC will never accept anything higher than F270 via UKASA due to their numerous crossing traffic via VMR. It is sincerely hoped that a thourough briefing be given by your ground-handler before signing off a flight.:ok:

cav-not-ok
4th Mar 2009, 01:09
also, g334 is a RNP 10 route right?

thats why the MAS 737's dont go to SBW and KCH via that route.... am i right?

veloo maniam
4th Mar 2009, 01:52
Yes you are right.In future FPL via G582 VPK M761.
BTW from KUL we have a unilateral route to the east and vice-versa.
What does it mean?
If R32 is in use, the gate out to the East is via VPK
If R14 is in use the gate out to the East is via PADLI.
On your return journey to KUL, gate in is via PADLI (R32 in use)
or VPK ( if R14 is in use) Check out the KUL and SIN AIP for
the feeder routes (known as the Yankee routes. Y331/332/333 etc These are the routes that link ISTAN to PADLI and PADLI to M758 or M761)
For SZB the gate in/gate out is VPK.:ok:

GlueBall
4th Mar 2009, 16:18
veloo maniam Terima kasih. . . . You guys and gals at Lumpur Center are always doing a fine job. :ok:

veloo maniam
5th Mar 2009, 01:05
Thanks Glueball.Here is a link for all those interested.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1381/atschart.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=atschart.jpg)