PDA

View Full Version : Best jobs/contracts if commuting from Manila?

flier119
28th Feb 2009, 13:35
Hi fellow aviators!
Been around for a while, but never posted before.
Here`s a question for those of you familiar in the far east region.
First, Im living in Europe flying as Captain on B-737, married to a filipina + kids.
We are now discussing to possibly move to the Philippines.
What jobs/contracts in the far east could you recommend when commuting to/from Manila.
Im thinking of schedule, pay, quality of life and so on...
Any inputs appreciated!:D

Khaosai
1st Mar 2009, 21:48
Hi,

i would have thought the contract B737 jobs in Japan are your best bet. Have a look at Hawaii Aviation's site for up to date info.

Other options close by would be Korea, China or Vietnam. A type change might be required.

Good luck.

Rgds.

flier119
3rd Mar 2009, 14:20
hi khaosai!
Thanks for your reply!
I will look closer into you suggestions. Thanks.
Anyone else that has any more details?

MachDaddy
3rd Mar 2009, 18:47
Air Hong Kong perhaps?

Guava Tree
5th Mar 2009, 06:46
Excellent move!
Moving your home and your family to Philippines will give you peace of mind in many ways !
If your kids speak only english they will need an english medium school. There will probably still be tagalog subject but you all just better grin and bear it, then no worries.
No need to confine your search to Manila.
There are scheduled airlines that fly out of Clark (DMIA) to various Asian cities.Cost of living and air pollution in the right place reasonably close to Clark would be less than that in Manila.
:)

flier119
5th Mar 2009, 13:55
Thanks machd and guava!
Kids all speak my language, tagalog and understand english, so that would not be to much of a barrier for them.
Which airlines fly into clark? Any that I should consider to work for?
Thanks again.
Anyone else with some useful suggestions, please feel free to enlighten me.:)

Eight Ball
6th Mar 2009, 21:49
flier119,

Air Asia (Malaysia) is one of them. I'm not sure but I think they operate 737-800s???. just check

Tiger Airways (Singapore) also flies in and out. And also try the local LCC, Cebu Pacific and since you have been on the 737, they might consider you for the A320.

Goodluck

flier119
9th Mar 2009, 09:37
Thanks eight ball!

Anyone have any details on terms for for any of the above mentioned?
Thanks!

Flier119