PDA

View Full Version : Airline screening question

HiPlnsDrftr
27th Feb 2009, 20:40
Ok hombres. I've a question: which airlines, or countries are the most and least hard@ss when it comes to pre-hire screening and gov't licensing.

In other words, which ones are more likely to put you through a 'NASA Apollo Program' physical/tests vs the ones who'll just take a pulse and a handshake- or accept you ICAO certificates as they are (FAA in my case).

I'd guess Japan (JAL/ANA) to be on one end of the spectrum, and maybe Indonesia to be on the other. Don't know about in-between.

Cheers

Oceanic815Pilot
28th Feb 2009, 01:26
My Chinese physical was somewhere in the middle. The CAAC (flight physical) exam consisted of an eye test, hearing test with the machine, balance test, bp check, etc. and was very similar to an FAA medical. You also take a pre-employment physical for China which consisted of a chest x-ray, resting ekg, stress test ekg on the treadmill, eeg, bloodwork and an ultrasound.

I have no practical experience elsewhere but I have heard the Japanese physicals are very difficult.

rcl7700
28th Feb 2009, 01:41
I don't think there is another country that performs such easy medicals as the US. My guess is that pretty much anywhere else you will find them to be a lot more thorough and intrusive.

rcl

HiPlnsDrftr
3rd Mar 2009, 22:53
Agreed rcl. Es muy facil aqui amigo.