PDA

View Full Version : Flight and Duty Time Programs

bizzybody
26th Feb 2009, 23:17
Does anyone have suggestions of any electronic flight and duty time programs that are available?

Interested in comparing the different programs

BB

das Uber Soldat
27th Feb 2009, 01:11
I wrote a fairly comprehensive one that I distribute free of charge :)

If you wait until Sunday I will post it here for any and all takers.

EDIT: Nope, looks like I can have it for you today. Stay tuned. :ok:

bizzybody
27th Feb 2009, 01:39
Great thanks for that!!!:ok:

coke drinker
27th Feb 2009, 02:39
das...thank's for that. a completely grouse offer that is.

das Uber Soldat
27th Feb 2009, 13:29
Give me a day or two, just rewriting a few things to make it significantly more useful :) Hopefully saturday night.

:ok:

das Uber Soldat
28th Feb 2009, 23:00
OK here we go

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b16f7c210579b50767cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871)

I've made some rather major changes to it, which mean there is always the possibility of some unseen error. That said i've tested it for an hour or so and it seems to be ok, but let me know if you find any issues and ill fix them up.

Happy logging.

bizzybody
1st Mar 2009, 00:11
love ya works. Thanks das

Kickatinalong
2nd Mar 2009, 03:53
Makes my single page look PPoor.
Kickatinalong.:ok::ok:

Aerodynamisist
2nd Mar 2009, 20:25
Thank you DAS I have been using your spreadsheet for some time now and it works well. is there a way to copy the data from an older version to the new version that you posted here ?

das Uber Soldat
3rd Mar 2009, 09:26
Glad you're getting use out of it :)

You should be able to copy and paste the columns from your logbook, and the log page directly into the new style of sheet.

If you get an error due to copying merged cells etc, that kind of thing, you will have to copy 1 column at a time (of the columns that give you the error) as excel won't let you copy a column into another column of different dimensions.

Worst comes to worst, send me your old sheet and ill do it for you, it only takes about 30 seconds. If you like, delete all the crew names so I dont know who you are, and you can put those in yourself, which would be very easy.

Further to this, I have found a very small bug in the copy I pasted above. Please use this version instead. It fixes an issue in the "Hours Summary" page where it wasn't adding up the correct columns. That is now OK.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b16f7c210579b50767cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871)

:}

Schumi - Red Baron
3rd Mar 2009, 10:28
Thanks mate!!!:ok:

Capt Snooze
4th Mar 2009, 08:53
Nice work!!

Question from a night freighter type..................

How could I modify the duty time calculation to cope with an over night duty?

For example: 2200 sign on and 0615 sign off

Rgds,

Snooze

das Uber Soldat
4th Mar 2009, 09:00
Ill work on it and let you know snooze :)

Capt Mo
4th Mar 2009, 21:50
Nice work das :ok:

I have been thinking about setting up an electronic logbook/personal flight and duty system for some time. You have clearly gone to alot of effort, and I personally admire your generosity in making this available to fellow PPruners. Good work mate!

I do have a question regarding the flexibility of this spreadsheet, can it be easily modified to include an additional sign on/off column for those operating under a CAO48 dispensation which includes a rest period between periods of duty?

Cheers,

Mo

das Uber Soldat
5th Mar 2009, 09:26
Thanks Capt Mo :)

Short answer is yes, and its effectively tied together with what Captn Snooze is after. I'm fairly busy at the moment but in the next couple of days I think I'll have the spare time to implement this and repost the sheet. If you have anything else you want, now is the time to ask for it. :ok:

Aviation Crank
25th May 2009, 00:09
Das,
Just wondering if you know how I can enter flt and duty times in hour and minutes instead of having to use decimal places. I would like to keep it in line with the companies (Geneva) records.

Could a day such as this be entered and work?
Sign ON @ 09:15, Sign OFF @ 17:20, with a flight time of 4:51

What a great programme! Thanks.

das Uber Soldat
25th May 2009, 02:29
Hi,

First up, this is the new version of the file. Alot of updates with that one.

Download Flight and Duty Times Ver 5.1.xls - File Qube (http://www.fileqube.com/file/iBLsJJx193478)

Regarding your issue its not an easy one. The only thing I can suggest is to change the datatype of each column. So select all the columns you wish to change, then

1. hit 'control - 1' to format the cells.
2. Under category, select 'Custom'
3. Scroll down until you find 'h:mm'

This will change anything you put into an hours:minutes format. You will have to change everything though, otherwise the math based off those numbers wont work with the dissimilar data types :)

Captain Nomad
25th May 2009, 04:11
Not to detract from das' work but as far as commercial programs go the DFT8 program from 'Aviation Software' is a popular program used by some very big names and significant players in our aviation scene. The company is Adelaide based so is a 'home grown' product and is widely used in Oz and some of our surrounding nations. :ok:

Flexible program able to handle CAO dispensations etc (used by RFDS for example) and has a 'monthly report' function which is great for keeping CASA records for multiple pilots and remotely based pilots etc. There's not much it can't do.

das Uber Soldat
25th May 2009, 07:45
Yeh that looks the goods Captain Nomad, certainly better than mine. :) My program is aimed more for the struggling instructor type who cant afford $269.95 for that kind of software :)

Captain Nomad
25th May 2009, 08:22
No worries! :ok: I'm sure there are a lot of appreciative people and it is very generous of you to offer your 'product' as freeware. I wish I had something like that in earlier days. The 'predictive' nature of computer programs I reckon is the most valuable advantage. When you're riding on the edge of the limits you can look ahead and know in advance exactly what you can do without breaking the rules on the next shift/charter/job.

Good on ya and keep it up! :ok:

multime
25th May 2009, 08:38
Most smaller GA companys in Aus.
Use DFT8.
Emailable,easy.
Aviation Software (http://www.aviationsoftware.com.au)
M

I Love Midex
25th May 2009, 17:39
Anyone having trouble downloading this program from the web site? I keep getting a page that says the download function is unavailable right now. Suggestions? Other than being patient and waiting, of course...

Trigger Happy
27th May 2009, 05:08
Hi Das,
I too am looking for a program that allows flight and duty entries to be made in the hour and minutes format. I tried doing what you suggested i.e
1. hit 'control - 1' to format the cells.
2. Under category, select 'Custom'
3. Scroll down until you find 'h:mm'

with the previous version, however, would not allow me to format the cells.
I then tried to download the most recent version you posted but is a dead end. Do you have any suggestions?

das Uber Soldat
27th May 2009, 12:49
Could you explain why it didnt work? Might help me figure out how to fix it.

Ill fix the download link tommorow also.

S-N-A-F-U
3rd Jun 2011, 23:53
Hi Das,
Any chance you could repost your program all the links are no longer valid
Cheers :ok:

vee tail
5th Jun 2011, 02:34
I would'nt mind a copy as well. Sounds appropriate in my current position:ok:

das Uber Soldat
5th Jun 2011, 03:58
yeh ok its around here somewhere ill dig up a copy and upload it today or tomorrow.

Adsie
10th Apr 2013, 02:42
I am unable to unlock this version using "pprune" as password.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

das Uber Soldat
11th Apr 2013, 02:57
try either a single press of the spacebar as the password or 'default'.