PDA

View Full Version : Airbus continued

TurboOtter
26th Feb 2009, 11:21
Just reading the "Airbus Aircraft" Thread. got my little mind a racing.:confused:

Firstly a question to the moderators, why is this thread now closed? I don't feel anything wrong was said. The email might not be true but it's contents do raise interesting debates. Other threads talk at lenght about bull like how some idiot over run a runway and then 10 pages about no related matter like CASA, pilot pay or even stupid suggestions like women shouldn't fly.
This is a forum to discuss topics. isn't it?

So if this thread is removed or I am blocked I wouldn't be surprised. but I hope the moderators will allow a little more REAL discussion on this one.

Firstly..... This author talks at lenght about how Airbus have attempted to design and aircraft smarter than the pilot. Now this guy might be a good pilot, he can get a Boing upsidedown so he must be F'n awesome! but sadly a large portion of the world's pilot's aren't even fit to drive a VW.
Present company excluded of course;)

The Airbus was designed for the lowest comman demonitor to fly. Safely and efficiently.

No you can't roll it on it's back, or overspeed it, over stress it, stall it, spin it etc. Basically you can't hurt it. max bank angles are 65 degrees, max nose up 30 degrees and max nose down 15 degrees. Now why in gods name do you need to put an aircraft in body angles etc greater than these. BTW if these angles are exceed due to some reason or another you can still manually bring them back, and yes the aircraft will bring itself back.

Throw her into a 65 angle of bank, let go of the stick and she settles into a 30 bank, level turn. by itself and will maintian it.

Now what happens if the electronics fail? well it goes back into a manual reversion simliar to the Boeing concept. not easy but do-able. (actually less man power required to do this)

This author also goes onto to say about the France tragedy.... Well it's not nice to say but they stuffed up. as with any system there are limitations, they forgot them in this instance. Not an easy thing to describe why it happened but basically they didn't set the aircraft up properly for what they were doing.
If you didn't set up a chieftian properly for doing something out of the ordinary, then you to could damage trees. Being a pilot is about knowing your aircraft, it's limitations and of course yours.

Is Boeing better than Airbus, that's like asking is Ford better than Holden, well we all know that Holden is a man's car, but you know what I mean :p

So back to this guy...

The statement about the engine shutting themselves down. I'm sure Airbus are on this one big time.. It does seem strange, but maybe this is something they might change. But who says a chunk of cable is any better, think about the other possibility.... Aircraft takes flock of birds into one engine, or two, doesn't matter. Engine gets out of whack, vibrates, Pilot is busy plucking seat out of rectum, doesn't shut it down quick enough, engine gets ripped off. Flight controls damaged, aircraft cannot be controlled..... GAME OVER:(

So what is the perfect system. It may be easier to describe the best way to skin a cat.. I prefer quickly and at someone elses house ;)

In the end people far smarter than us with more info at their finger tips have fingered out the best solution available.

Is Sully a hero, I think so. I think all of us pilots that have done their job and saved the lives of many when the **** hits the fan should be thanked. No disrepect to Fireman, but aren't they just doing their jobs when they save a person from a fire? as we are too. but finally for first time in a long time a pilot has been recognised for doing his job well.

I take my hat off and salute Sully and every other pilot that has saved the day and to those who died trying.

And to Airbus, for designing an aircraft that be flown safely on a dialy basis by idiots, an enjoyed by others.

An for Boeing for still alowing pilots to roll their aircraft:D

Well that's my two cents worth. sorry for going on so long.

tail wheel
26th Feb 2009, 21:25
TurboOtter.

What Airbus thread?

Can someone please tell me what this is all about?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tail Wheel

FoxtrotAlpha18
26th Feb 2009, 21:31
Does he meant the one about A320s being dangerous and the Hudson ditching???

Pharcarnell
26th Feb 2009, 21:40
http://www.pprune.org/d-g-reporting-points/363787-airbus-aircraft.html

The Bunglerat
26th Feb 2009, 21:44
Ford v Holden, PC v Mac, McDonalds v Burger King/Hungry Jacks, Airbus v Boeing, etc... It goes on and on and on.

I hold type ratings on aircraft from both Toulouse and Seattle, they both have their good and bad points, and I have no major issues with either.

mattyj
26th Feb 2009, 21:48
lowest comman demonitor

Lisdexic?:}

tail wheel
26th Feb 2009, 21:50
OK. I didn't see it - thread closed by another Moderator. I tried a search of TurboOtter's posts and as he had not posted in the thread, could not find it.

I think this post sums it up:

If the indicated origin is correct it's a bit saddening that someone who claims to share my profession would write/spread it.

I certainly don't know that much about the A320 systems, but I know enough to spot BS when I see it.

Shameful on any level, worse still when it originates from within the industry.

".......but I know enough to spot BS when I see it."

This is an Australian/New Zealand forum. PPRuNe Rumours & News or the US Forum is probably the place to discuss that topic.

Send me a PM or email if you want this thread opened and moved to one of the above forums.

Surely we can find enough factual Australian/New Zealand topics to discuss/debate, rather than discussing US fabricated emails?

Tail Wheel