PDA

View Full Version : For fellow oversea Koreans

blueoreas
26th Feb 2009, 09:41
Hi Everyone
I started working for Korean air about a year ago.
We are hiring a lot of local(& expats) pilots and I think a lot of oversea Koreans don't know that they can apply as local. We get the same benefit as locals. Upgrade and e

If you have more than 1000 hours and interested, pm me.

cirrus81
26th Feb 2009, 09:55
can u foriegn not korean apply for FO position with about 1000 turbo prop hours? would they consider? and how to apply if they wud

blueoreas
26th Feb 2009, 11:19
As long as you are oversea Korean and speak Korean, as all intrrviews and training is done in korean. it's ok. I am a Canadian myself.
1000 hour is all you need. Of course, you have to be able to pass the interview, medical, sim , etc

And apply through kr.koreanair.com and click employment then civil experienced pilot.

BlackWater01
3rd Mar 2009, 12:27
Hi blueoreas

i have heard life in KAL is not so easy expecially if you are FO, can you please tell your personal experience with the company, what was your background before joining KE and your nowadays expectation in KE and your future possible up-grade to Cpt (if you are still FO).

... iis it true that only "local" FO get the chance to get Cpt bars?

Thanks

blueoreas
4th Mar 2009, 09:19
Hi there

I can't really tell you how it is in the cockpit from my experience since I am still in training. However, people went though the same path that I am taking say that whatever we heard was happening a long time ago and it's very nice to work these days. And I have seen it.

I flew charter turbo props before I came here and I have a bit shy of 2000 hours.

I can't say never, but expats FOs' not going to get an upgrade. And for me, I think it's somewhere around 10 year mark but they told us that it's going to get a lot shorter, by the time I am ready for the upgrade. And he reason they gave us was the increase the number of he long haul fleet and expats FOs

BuzzLightyears
5th Mar 2009, 15:52
Howdy Blueoreas

may i ask you what type of plane are you flying now at KAL and if you have good gauges for KAL interview?

thanks partner

blueoreas
8th Mar 2009, 03:27
Check your pm ;)

heavan
17th May 2009, 20:51
Hey there,

I am a Korean/U.S. citizen. I have sent in my application to an agency and awaiting the screening dates. I was just wondering if you could give me the gouge on the interview process , sim/medical. Any pertinent information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.