PDA

View Full Version : Job hunt

TwotterHero
26th Feb 2009, 05:34
G'day ladies and gents,

The day had to come sonner or later, now armed with a Malaysian CPL/IR and frozen ATPL, i have to be let loose to the real world. :} Filling out endless forms, non-stop printing of CV's (the sales guy at the printer ink shop seems to know me by name now), late nights stuffing envelopes.....no replies what so ever:(

Yes i do know there is a full blown economic downturn going on, but within the South East Asian region, it must be that someone is hiring. On anything!
Be it a C152 or a B737 or even an An 38! Anyone?:sad:

I do realise that some might have it worse, but maybe after 6 months of trying, rocking up to companies, and after all the money has been spent, it might just be that i will have to start in a different industry just to try and make ends meet. ( Starbucks laughed at me:mad:, said what would they do with me, said i was bound to leave anytime):ugh::ugh:

Well as I try and convince my self this might just be my last hope, my question to all is that is there anything out there that may be usefull to know? Is there anything i'm missing out? Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thank you all, you have been lovely!

TwotterHero

jetjockey696
26th Feb 2009, 10:46
you can give your malaysian PM a call... to join his sweat shop workers for 5five years.

PM Tony Fernandes
LCC Terminal,
Jalan KLIA S3,
Southern Support Zone
Kuala Lumpur International Airport 64000 Sepang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan

or call +603 2171 9222 Ask for DFO.

or if you can talk with the King... his army is called Malaysia airlines system

PILOT – Direct Intake (FOP 01)

Requirements:

Malaysian citizen, age between 18 to 30 years old (as at date of application)

Qualification:

Must possess Malaysian ATPL or Malaysian CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL and obtained a minimum Aviation English Level 4

Pass SPM or its equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government with 6 credits including Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics, Physics or General Science taken at one sitting ; OR

Possess Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above AND 6 credits with a pass in Bahasa Malaysia in SPM

Candidates who has completed all ground school examination is also eligible to apply

Recommendation letter from flying school would be an added advantage

Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English

Medically and physically fit with good eyesight and not colour blind

Not less than 163 cm (5ft 4in) in height

Note:

Shortlisted candidates are required to sit for MISPA and Simulator Test

Diploma/Degree holders who meet the above requirement are encouraged to apply

Benefits:
Successful candidates will be offered attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits, inclusive of:

Annual privilege travel to any MALAYSIAN AIRLINE destination

Discounted airfares (inclusive of eligible dependants)

Medical and dental benefits

Uniform will be provided

Kindly submit your application together with a detailed resume (recent address and contact numbers), copies of flying license and logbook (last 05 pages only), copies of academic transcripts, copy of identification card and a recent colour passport size photograph to the following address:

MALAYSIAN AIRLINE
AGM Manpower Resourcing
02nd Floor, Administration Building 4, MAS Complex B
Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport
47200 Subang, SELANGOR

Please indicate "PILOT – Direct Intake (FOP 01)" left hand corner envelope.

there you go.. all done.

MaintainYourHeading
26th Feb 2009, 15:37
if that doesn't work, I would suggest you to get an instructor rating and start in a flight school which hire as we speak and build your experience until the market goes better... no matter what most of the pilot in this world start like that: CPL/IR, instructor instrument/multi and get their hours up a bit until entering a company flying something bigger.

good luck

Julien

TwotterHero
26th Feb 2009, 18:37
Dear all,

Jetjockey,

Yup, I have applied for the ones you mentioned. But no news so far.Crossing my fingers! its 6 years now at AK for new joiners. But the upside to that is no upfront costs involved on the pilots side.

Julien,

I have put in applications at all the flying schools here, but from my understanding its going to be a while till the next course is running for the intructor rating. The only issue is that i will require more PIC hours to qualify for the course = more money to be spent, which of right now is non-existant.

Well i'm trying my best for now but as i said, the pressure to put food on the table is rising at an alarming rate.:ugh::ugh:

Regards,

TwotterHero