PDA

View Full Version : how to be a flight dispatcher

ek_bud
25th Feb 2009, 21:03
hi all....
I am intrested in being a flight dispatcher,currently working wz emirates in dxb in ticketing. Emirates Aviation college along with Jeppesen has the trainig to be one,but im a bit confused :confused: as training in dxb wl gt me a GCAA license & I have to appear for the FAA or should I be going for a training in the US since the quality of training is good & then come to UAE & get the GCAA. If in the US which centre's would be the most recommended as there are quite a lot.pls help!!!

canadiangal75
26th Feb 2009, 03:41
if you can get the visa and it makes sense to you financially, go to jeppesen in Denver US and get both licenses. Make it clear to them in your application you want this. I did the opposite, did the school in DXB and had to fly to US, do a refresher, and get my FAA. To get the FAA you need to be on US soil. Of course I did not know any of this when I started my course. As for the GCAA it can be obtained anywhere. One of the examiners for the GCAA is based at Jepp Denver. So more than likely he can issue your license. While I was in Denver, getting my FAA, one student was getting both.. I was pretty jealous! He didn't have to do a refresher or go thru 2 oral and practical exams.. Just 1!

ek_bud
26th Feb 2009, 11:23
tks a lot canadiangal75 for d info...it sure is better to get both together...tks again 4 d info bro!!!

bala_murali
11th Sep 2010, 18:29
Hi there canadiangirl . I would be mostly joining emirates aviation college for flight dispatcher course this October . Can tell your experience regarding the quality of training provided there ? kinda heard some bad things ? Thanks for you time ??

PIA
20th Sep 2010, 17:01
Hi canadiangal75 (http://www.pprune.org/members/227033-canadiangal75), i am planning to go to US for FAA dispatch course in november to Dallas, AFDTC college, just need to know is this course worth do this time as i am living in EUROPE ireland and working as a flight co-ordinator since last 3 years, will this experience will help me to find a new job after doing this FAA dispatch course. where possibly in europe and middle east or far east asia i can get a job any idea???? thanks for help and reply of any other members