PDA

View Full Version : Initial Interview LUXAIR

adventure
25th Feb 2009, 20:35
Hi,

I was wondering if there’s somebody who can tell me a bit more about the initial interview at Luxair. Can anybody give me some advise or tell me what kind of questions to expect?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

gregaperkin
26th Feb 2009, 08:18
Same goes for me... any insight that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Getting a position with them would be to achieve a long held ambition, so I want to prepare as best I can.

Autothrust05
26th Feb 2009, 17:30
The first "interview" takes approximately 1 hour with 2 captains. The first 45 minutes they tell you about the selection and what Luxair offers to its pilots.
In the last 15 minutes you can expect some technical questions, not too difficult, or they can ask you to choose any subject and give a 5 min presentation.
If you fail the first interview the game is then over, if fail in any other part of the selection you've to wait 2 years before applying again.

good luck!

adventure
27th Feb 2009, 19:31
Hi Autothrust05,

Thanks for your reply! Does it mean you’ve got the job? If so, can you please tell me something about those three other stages?

Thanks again

flyingmutant
28th Feb 2009, 09:06
adventure and gregaperkin - do you mind telling me when you applied?

I put my application in a month ago and heard nothing after the initial "we'll contact you soon" email.

adventure
2nd Mar 2009, 15:31
Hi Flyingmutant,

I send my application a month ago en got a phonecall 2 weeks later!

Goodluck!

GillesD
15th Mar 2009, 16:32
Luxair's recruting then? When's your interview?
Thanks for the info and good luck of course!!

flyingmutant
15th Mar 2009, 18:13
All flight crew recruitment has now been frozen as HR said for the "foreseeable future" :(

drfaust
17th Mar 2009, 16:40
Some people are in the hold pool due to start their TQ's at the end of the year apparantly (for the Q400). No recruitment going on as of yet but keep a close eye because with Luxair, you just never know and I can tell you from experience it definitely is worth it.

Good luck people.