PDA

View Full Version : 737NG - Help Needed :/

JLDWC
22nd Feb 2009, 00:33
Hey guys,

Im sure you all know making a living as a flight instructor for 2 years whiling paying to earn extra ratings doesnt give you much money to spare. However in a few weeks im about to start my first ground school on the 737NG type aircraft for a US airline after thinking it would be on the A320 type. A side for the basics such as smartcockpit and myboeing and the sites that costs hundreds for a cbt and someone be generous enough to lend me their CBT and flight information on the 737NG, thank you so much and i will compensate you for your efforts! I really appreciate it guys!

Justin

JB007
22nd Feb 2009, 08:08
The course will teach you all you need, it's not a complex aircraft and in my opinion, the CBT isn't that good. But i'd recommend this book (http://www.b737.org.uk/book.htm). Printed and posted from the US too...

Rainboe
22nd Feb 2009, 09:17
I didn't know about that book. How nice to see a Technical Book that doesn't cost the Earth! I shall order one forthwith!

What I would say, having done several B737 courses: be very wary of spending more cash on extra paperwork. The course is structured. The best thing you can do is stick to the official course. Once the course starts, you will be so heavily committed to it there will be absolutely no time to refer to outside paperwork, and the mixed up factlets you will absorb from an unofficial book will not stand you in good stead. By all means use the book later. Have a rest before your course, because while it lasts, you will be giving 100%. Take time with the family, because they won't see you again. And relax now, so you can be fully committed to it once it starts- get everything else out of the way.

And don't let people who apparently know everything already phase you out! Just mind your own business and go at it. It's a great plane, a lot to learn. Afterwards, by all means buy whatever you want. I would actually say buy nothing, or maybe just one book, no more. It really doesn't give you much, if any, advantage. Learn the airline books and paperwork- that's all you need. 737.org.uk has all you could want, for free.

The work will seem insurmountable to begin with. Don't freak. Just get on with it.

JLDWC
22nd Feb 2009, 13:52
Thanks so much for your help guys!