PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher pay

ards_boy
21st Feb 2009, 16:20
Just wondering what the various companies pay dispatcher's?
I got £6.17 an hour basic on a casual contract with S'air....as far as I know its about the lowest apoligies if I'm wrong

chrystall
22nd Feb 2009, 15:25
:ugh:
why would you work totally non social hours for that amount?? pay at asda check outs is better than that!!

ards_boy
22nd Feb 2009, 20:49
Job satisfaction was the main reason, I had actually worked as a hospital porter previously for more money......plus I'm 18 so the pay was actually quite good anyway and it must be one of the best job's someone can get at that age before going to study for a university degree or in my case an ATPL.
Reason I'm asking was that I felt the skill required was severly undervalued and wanted to know if this was the case universally and not just my own company.

Doctor Cruces
23rd Feb 2009, 11:36
Always have been undervalued in Britain, Ards Boy> The only people who have any value in the UK are the folks at the front end with the big hats and all the braid.

simonchowder
23rd Feb 2009, 12:45
As long as the situation exists where as no formal qualifications/licences etc are required the job will always pay poorly, the only people in the industry who do appear to be well rewarded are those who are required by law to hold licences, ie flight deck, air traffic, and engineers