PDA

View Full Version : Type rating or job placement offer?

SilveR5
21st Feb 2009, 12:38
Hi there...

Looking for your advice

Which of the following would get me better chances of employment?

Starting my training with an FTO that would offer job placement after getting the f-ATPL , like CTC wings for example? Or just getting the f-ATPL from any conventional FTO and then going for type rating on 320/737?

It's not about the cost..I'm just looking for the more guaranteed way to finding a job.

I appreciate your comments

Mikehotel152
21st Feb 2009, 12:44
I'm just looking for the more guaranteed way to finding a job

You're not alone there mate!

There is no such thing as a guaranteed job, but I would imagine your chances are reasonable if you go to somewhere like CTC, pass their entrance tests, do well on the course and the recession ends.

DaveD
21st Feb 2009, 12:46
Honestly.. and if you check other topics, there is no guaranteed way to finding a job.
Even if it's not about money, whats the point in going to an integrated flight school, being attracted by all the shiny uniforms and plush presentations when you could do it cheaper now and probably be better off at the end of it than that of someone who went integrated.

You'd have more hours, more contacts, and probably more fun that you would if you rush through it. Take your time, the financial climte is going to get better soon, and theres definitely an influx of pilots at the moment all looking for jobs.

If your not worried about money then send some this way.. i could sure use a few pounds for my course at the moment :):):)

SilveR5
21st Feb 2009, 12:52
Yeah, I agree with you guys..

There is no guaranteed job especially in the aviation industry..but I think there is a way the would secure more opportunities than the other..That's what I need to find out

DaveD
21st Feb 2009, 13:06
Well no, there isn't.

From OAA as far as i know..

Shortened version is you do 7 to 8 months of intesive ground school. 9 till 5 of constant learning then take your ATPL exams shortly afterwards. (In 2 parts) Then you go to america and build your hours up in phoenix arizona. CPL, MEP, IR, MCC, all thisdone in the UK, even after that you don't have a type rating so thats another 20k ontop of that.

Modular is the same except you do your PPL first and it's all alot cheaper.

Granted 2 years ago if you went to Oxford you'd come out of it with a job (usually) but now, Oxford students are pouring out with no way to find a job. What is an airline going to look for when they start recruiting again? From what I know when airlines start recruiting again there not really going to give a damn whether you have 99% average on exams. They like worldly wide people with abit about them. Maybe your BA's of this world will choose based on percentages of exams, but thats about it.

What i'm getting at is.. integrated before would have almost guaranteed you a job at the end of it, but not anymore, things have changed.