PDA

View Full Version : Gissa job, Guv?

chuks
20th Feb 2009, 16:03
1. Who is operating for Air Express in Algeria? I know they are mostly ZS-registered aircraft but I forgot to ask who, exactly that is operating them.

2. Anyone know of an operator looking for an experienced Twin Otter pilot? Hint: Not Zimex, my now ex-employer!

3. "Sh1t happens," eh?

sky waiter
20th Feb 2009, 16:19
AEA are the operators, the company that supply the aeries are,

LETS: Air Tec
1900's: Solenta

AEA apparently have a let or two now an dnot sure bout the Porters...

alpha-b
20th Feb 2009, 21:07
Try CHC africa they operate 3 Twotters in the Chad-Cameroon pipeline project you get 6 weeks On and 6 weeks Off,they're short of crews i was told

V1... Ooops
20th Feb 2009, 22:13
I have visited the CHC operation and it is a very professional outfit, first class safety standards in every way.

FlyTCI
21st Feb 2009, 04:07
I am a freelance Twotter captain and have several years of flying in Africa in both relief work and for oil companies. Now that the oil business has slowed down I'm out of work for the moment and hence looking for work.

Less than two weeks ago I sent my resume to CHC's HR department but I have not heard a peep. Anyone know if there's another way to go getting my papers in the right hands? I have both JAR and FAA license.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Btw, V1 are you with Zimex?

johnriketes
21st Feb 2009, 04:19
Oh chuks

So Zimex are letting people go are they? How long had you been with them?

FlyTCI
21st Feb 2009, 04:23
About 3.5 years, last two as a freelancer. Heard they let go off a guy on the permanent contract recently too. I will meet the DO next week so hopefully I'll find out more of what's going on.

Btw, how the heck do you quote on this board :confused: ?

Putcodrvr
21st Feb 2009, 05:49
If you have an ATP, you could think of doing a Let type rating. Heard Air-Tec got a few more contracts in Africa.

chuks
21st Feb 2009, 11:40
I had 2 years seniority, so not so much, I am over 60 so not suitable for an Algerian validation for 7T- aircraft (when that had suddenly changed from "no real problem") plus the way I like to make such funny, funny jokes, well maybe I caused someone's cuckoo to come straight out of their clock, go shooting across the room and embed itself in the wall opposite. You just never know...

Never mind; it was getting to the point where one sand dune began to look very much like the next one so that some time off doing something completely different might be just the thing to re-charge the batteries.

Thanks for the tips and I will scout around a bit to see what I can turn up. Meanwhile it is off to sunny Madrid to become a JAR Flight Instructor. Why that? Well, why not? Get paid to warp young minds! Not paid much, perhaps, but it must beat selling apples at the curbside.