PDA

View Full Version : RE: Air Asia Info?

cirrus81
20th Feb 2009, 08:37
whats the update on Air asia? what r the minimum requirements for hiring a FO?anyone? and any contact details?

abhi88
20th Feb 2009, 08:57
what r the minimum requirements for hiring a FO

"Boleh land" citizen!:}

Silver Spur
22nd Feb 2009, 07:08
You have to be either Malaysian, Thai, or Indonesian to be able to join Air Asia in the respective country.

If you are on of those, then with CPL + IR and frozen ATPL will be enough.

SS

elac2
22nd Feb 2009, 07:32
Air Asia Malaysia are currently employing foreign pilots and have been for the past 5 months. In Indonesia and Thailand you have to be a local.

elac2

cirrus81
22nd Feb 2009, 07:34
do you knw the criteria or requirements for foreign FO's? what r the minimum requirements and any contact details in malaysia?

Silver Spur
22nd Feb 2009, 09:19
As far as I know, they do not hire foreign FO anymore. They take their own cadets for FO positions. Foreign commanders are welcome however.

I will PM you for the contact details.

pokemon3
22nd Feb 2009, 12:18
Silver Spur,

R u working for Air Asia? any idea is airasia still hiring direct entry captains and their min requirements? Thanks!

Space_odyssey
23rd Feb 2009, 09:14
I am also interested if taking foreign commanders without airbus rating.

Paladini
25th Feb 2009, 09:08
Does anyone have any current info on T&Cs for Type rated A320 ex-pat Skippers with Air Asia (Malaysia)?

Kato747
25th Feb 2009, 09:18
Have heard also that Air Asia cannot take foreign F/Os........

Syrian Aviator
25th Feb 2009, 11:51
FO Positions:

AK: Recently, CAE introduced pilot provisioning program, 5 pilots were selected (all foreign) and they are now doing their training with CAE, its the kind of pay-to-fly scheme and they get peanuts which is in abundance in SE Asia, good only for fresh CPL holders who are willing to spend and live on 1200USD a month

CAPT Positions:

There used to be commanders from OZ and NZ working in Air Asia, DCA got stiff and things have changed now, there are still contracted foreign skippers but there will not be renewals or new hirees, it will all be upgrade from within, along with a pay-cut

That all i can help you with

jetjockey696
25th Feb 2009, 12:47
DCA even got stiff with the expat cabin crew (japanese, philippinoes etc). it going to a 1000% malaysian work force.. 100% home grown..eh..

BUT knowing the aviation industry in Malaysia.. give it a year.. the whole process is reverse.. need more pilots... starts hiring expats again.. it happen before not too long ago..