PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR (Modular)

Midlife Flyer
20th Feb 2009, 04:15
Hi all,

I am just about to take my final 6 ATPL exams in May and I'm looking towards taking my CPL later in the year (I'm currently holding down a full time job and saving cash). I do not intend taking my IR until next year, by which time I'll have a fair few more hours and also hopefully my foreign ME qualification.

My question is, given the fact that I hear airlines like you to complete your IR/CPL at the same flight school and minimise how many training centres you use (plus get a first time pass), which flight school/s would you recommend to continue my training with? Bearing in mind of course fleet, facilities (inc.Sim), instructors, attitudes etc.

I already have a few choices of my own but I am keen to hear people's unbiased opinions given their own experience.

Many thanks for taking the time to help in advance.

Mikehotel152
20th Feb 2009, 08:16
Morning Midlife Flyer,

Are you requesting advice on Canadian FTOs or those in the UK and Europe?

As for 'unbiased opinions', I think you're in the wrong place! Pprune is the home of bias and misinformed prejudice! :}

MH152

Midlife Flyer
20th Feb 2009, 08:29
All my qualifications are UK, I just happened to be in Canada when I registered with pprune initially. So UK FTO's please, given the original parameters.

Sorry for any confusion MH152.

Rugbyears
20th Feb 2009, 13:33
I think you're in the wrong place! PPRuNe is the home of bias and misinformed prejudice!

Now are you being bias offering such a statement!!:O

Lawn Mower
20th Feb 2009, 18:04
Im off to Stapleford in a couple of months, Have heard good things about them from some mates of mine who are now all with Ryan Air. Plus it has decent on-site accommodation, which is a big plus for me, with no decent flying schools near my house.