PDA

View Full Version : How long to get my licence through from CAA

Scooby1234
19th Feb 2009, 17:34
Hello

Just passed my ppl on monday and took all docs and logbook to caa today, and was wondering how long does it normally take to get the licence through in the post

Cheers

julian_storey
19th Feb 2009, 17:37
I think about ten working days.

Frustrating isn't it :-)

Scooby1234
19th Feb 2009, 17:44
tell me about it, cant wait to get it through and get flying. thanks for that

Keygrip
19th Feb 2009, 18:10
No need to wait, Scooby, you can fly solo, authorised by an instrinctor, just as you did in training.

Go get some more command experience before you consider flying a passenger - but enjoy yourself a bit more.

Did you ask the CAA how long it would be?

olicana
19th Feb 2009, 19:53
Mine took about two weeks.

julian_storey
19th Feb 2009, 20:24
Thinking back, I did a cross channel check with my instructor whilst I waited for my licence to come through.

Captain-Random
5th May 2009, 14:25
same situation. Posted mine today but i think they may send it back when they see a message written in pencil in my logbook from my girlfriend saying.... "I know you love flying more than me but i still love ya"

Anybody get there's sent back for silly reasons?

PompeyPaul
5th May 2009, 16:10
I thought 3 weeks was the going rate. Certainly that is how long it took mine. If you look at Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=137) then it tells you what the oldest application is that they are dealing with. Which gives you an idea of how far away your license is :ok:

M.Pilot88
5th May 2009, 16:14
It takes about 15 days...but if you want to be sure just call them and ask ;)

JohnRayner
5th May 2009, 17:16
Posted mine on a Monday, CAA divested me of my cash on Tuesday, got a call 10 days later to check my postcode prior to sending it out. That was last Friday, now just waiting for the postal system to spit it out my end. So two weeks, ish.

JR

A and C
5th May 2009, 17:46
I had one guys log book and new IMC rating turn up in the post at my home!

The CAA were very keen for me to send it back to them but I decided having phoned the owner of the log book to send it to him direct.

The cost to me was the same to send it to him or the CAA and it was the only way to garantee that the CAA did not send it to the wrong place for the second time!

Rishy
5th May 2009, 18:19
Mine arrived last Thursday after 3 weeks and 2 days since I posted the application by recorded delivery. Think there was a small delay because of Easter.

Tim

Keygrip
5th May 2009, 18:58
A and C....I would have demanded payment from the CAA for your time and expenses.

40 pounds would be about right for CAA equivalent time, don't ya think?

isi3000
5th May 2009, 19:07
40 pounds would be about right for CAA equivalent time, don't ya think?
:D

Was shocked when I saw what I'd paid for. They hadn't even put the licence papers into the wallet.

Most expensive book i've ever bought...:bored:

The CAA did say 10 working days for the licence to be delivered. That was the case for all of us who sent our licences out at the same time. But if you give them a call, they will be able to give you an estimate.