PDA

View Full Version : Renair Ltd. Mwanza, Tanzania

Csanad007
19th Feb 2009, 13:39
Recently I ran over a company in Tanzania called Renair Ltd. based in Mwanza. Their fleet consists of a Cessna 310, a Piper Aztec and two Piper Cherokee Six aircraft. From a low-timer pilot point of view the company might be interesting as they claim not to rely fully on tourism but having a massive part of flying done for mining companies. Which maybe will not be afected so deeply by this downturn.

They do pretty simpatic routes for tourists: Serengeti, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park, Ngombe Stream National Park, Rubondo National Park and so on.

Has anyone some info on them?

Soap Box Cowboy
19th Feb 2009, 14:39
Man your info is way out of date. The Aztec was written of when it went head to head with a couple of cows. One of the Cherokee's had it's C of A suspended because of illegal or unsanctioned mods. The other flew in Serengetti for a while, not sure if it is the one that in the end went to Dar and had it's nose gear ripped off. The 310 is here in Dar with Tanzanair. But as far as I know has not flown for several years. As for Mike, no idea where he ended up.

reaz
19th Feb 2009, 14:47
Soap Box Cowboy (http://www.pprune.org/members/114923-soap-box-cowboy)

Can you please provide me the name of the Air Opearators of Tanzania or advise me where can I get them?

Csanad007
19th Feb 2009, 17:22
do you happen to know other Tanzanian operators which might hire low timers?
not necessarily nowadays. unfortunately I'm not yet ready to go. but love to plan everything in advance.

Soap Box Cowboy
19th Feb 2009, 17:51
Search the Africa forum, you will find the listings of all the operators in Tanzania. Though right now things are quiet. Hopefully things will pick up after April.

Csanad007
20th Feb 2009, 08:30
this is why I love this place, getting a lot of help!
found a lot of stuff

Mark seems to be doin' something in Laos (found a plane ad with contact infos)

helldog
20th Feb 2009, 17:51
I worked for Renair back in the day. It was a laugh. I miss it. Good times.......good times.