PDA

View Full Version : Pardon my ignorance...BA applications

FraserBrien
18th Feb 2009, 14:41
Does anybody know how/when/where i can apply for sponsored training with an airline? I'll be joining my UAS as a volunteer reserve if I don't get an RAF bursary, so was wondering what the story is with becoming an airline pilot. I understand some of what I say may sound very naive, and I am aware that the applications for sponsored training with an airline are in the tens of thousands for only single figures who get through. Any help whatsoever would be fantastic.

BerksFlyer
18th Feb 2009, 15:48
Simple answer:

There aren't any.

FraserBrien
18th Feb 2009, 15:50
So you have to shell out 100,000+ before you can apply?

ford cortina
18th Feb 2009, 15:52
If you go integrated, do a type rating, Yep. Welcome to the real world:E

Grizzle
18th Feb 2009, 16:32
Have a look at www.ftejerez.com (http://www.ftejerez.com)
It says that Flybe and FTE are about to offer a partially sponsored MPL course shortly. My pal is on a Flybe PSAPS course (partially sponsored airline pilot scheme) and got £20k towards it from Flybe although he does have to pay it back over 5 years when he has finished. He said that it was basically an interest free loan without which he wouldn't have been able to contemplate starting.
Imagine there would be similar assistance for the MPL

ford cortina
18th Feb 2009, 17:43
Well on FTE's website, it does mention financial help, the selection is to begin this month, oh and there are only SIX places available, so good luck, you will need it.
:cool:

stop, stop, stop
18th Feb 2009, 20:19
My best advice would be to give Uni a go.......and 'wait out' the current climate. There may not be any sponsorships at the moment but they WILL return, it's just a matter of when!

Keep your eyes out with Oxford, CTC, Jerez etc and take a good look at the BA website....if/when they do start again the details will be there.

Likewise this section od Prune is bound to be pretty quick at reporting any movement. Can't see much happening over the next 2-3 years though.

SSS.