PDA

View Full Version : convert a UK frozen ATPL into French frozen ATPL

ugo-in-usa
18th Feb 2009, 12:27
hi everyone ,

i'm french and currently holding a brand new FAA CPL-IR/ME . I'm starting the long process of JAA convertion next week . I'm gonna go for a UK frozen atpl . Here is the thing : i'm aiming for a french airline based in the pacific , i've read somewhere that you cannot fly a french registered airplane without a FRENCH atpl , is this correct???
If yes , has anyone gone trough the process of getting a french atpl from a UK atpl ??

thanks for your answers
happy flyin'

acuba 290
19th Feb 2009, 10:37
can you provide a link with this requirement?

Longfinals
19th Feb 2009, 20:20
I think you will find that a UK Frozen ATPL etc is a JAA and thats the same as the French licence in fact that is the case pan europe!!! The French airline company will (should) accept a JAA licence regardless of where you got this issued.

Shunter
20th Feb 2009, 06:09
Flying the aeroplane is not a problem in itself, that's perfectly legal. However some airlines prefer that you transfer your license to their national authority (eg. Ryanair asking its pilots to get Irish licenses). It's mostly just a paperwork exercise.

alphagolf
20th Feb 2009, 12:47
The requirement from the DGAC to fly onto F registered aircraft is not a transfer but a VALIDATION.

http://www.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/prospace/exam/licences/validation_avion.pdf

This is the same process as to get your UK licence validated by the FAA or TC or South Africa, etc.