PDA

View Full Version : "Primary effect of controls" video anyone?

BackPacker
18th Feb 2009, 09:43
I'm looking for some very short (15-30 second) video clips on the primary effect of controls, taken from the cockpit, to be used in a short presentation on how to fly an aircraft for 10-year olds. Something along the lines of "yoke forward, aircraft pitches down, altitude decreases, airspeed increases" and a similar thing for climbing and turning. A Youtube+Google searched showed nothing there. Anyone's got anything?

christimson
18th Feb 2009, 09:54
10 year olds will probably think they know it all already from playing xbox's. Good luck! :ugh:

Piper.Classique
18th Feb 2009, 12:22
Errr....
Have you thought about just getting in an aircraft with a second person and filming just that? Shouldn't take long and you can do your own commentary as you show the film.

BackPacker
18th Feb 2009, 12:34
Yeah, and I'm also looking at capturing a video from MS Flight Sim. But if anyone has something like this already done and lying around, it's much less hassle.

Flintstone
18th Feb 2009, 21:08
In my experience they don't have the concentration span for principles of flight. Last time my daughters signed me up for a talk at the local school I bulk-bought 200 polystyrene slot together gliders which I assembled and launched into the crowd while answering questions such as "How many guns 'as it got mister?" :rolleyes:

eharding
18th Feb 2009, 21:43
I'm looking for some very short (15-30 second) video clips on the primary effect of controls, taken from the cockpit, to be used in a short presentation on how to fly an aircraft for 10-year olds. Something along the lines of "yoke forward, aircraft pitches down, altitude decreases, airspeed increases" and a similar thing for climbing and turning. A Youtube+Google searched showed nothing there. Anyone's got anything?

Probably not much help, but I understand the video is available as an option on one of the auxiliary displays on all Airbus variants, as a last ditch measure for crews who can't remember the basics.

TheGorrilla
19th Feb 2009, 00:04
If you do find that video... Can I see it please? :O

ACARS
19th Feb 2009, 10:19
Read Trevor Thom to them at night time rather than Harry Potter.

:ok: