PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada in trouble.........again

dfish
18th Feb 2009, 01:17
(Reuters) - Air Canada, Canada's biggest airline, could be forced to file for bankruptcy if it does not secure additional financing and succeed in renegotiating covenants in credit card agreements, UBS analyst Fadi Chamoun said.

Air Canada could be forced into bankruptcy: UBS - Yahoo! Canada Finance (http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/17022009/6/finance-air-canada-forced-bankruptcy-ubs.html)

D. Fisher

billy34-kit
18th Feb 2009, 18:45
They're cook!!! I saw today on Nationnal Post...AC are planning to get back there customer with a Premium customer service!!! ouch!!! Did they know that's what exactly sink this company.

pilotede320
21st Feb 2009, 02:05
Should file for bankruptcy 01 April 2009.

Panama Jack
21st Feb 2009, 10:39
April 1st, huh?

Fool me once (2003), shame on you.
Fool me twice (2009), shame on me. :mad:

Good luck to all Air Canada employees. Hope it all pans out in the end.

rambus
21st Feb 2009, 15:35
April 01?

You must work for Jazz...I understand that members of the JAZZ MEC are actively stating that AC will enter CCAA on April 01.

Food for thought...do you honestly believe that if AC had plans to file for protection this Spring they would be advertising a date??? Much less, do you think the guys/girls at Jazz would be the first to know???

Not that it is'nt going to happen...but I wouldn't count on an April 01st date...

Road Trip
21st Feb 2009, 17:01
Take some time and think about how many times AC has faced bankruptcy, then think about the date that was mentioned. Then put two and two together.

The sound of laughter isn't us laughing at you. It us laughing with you, you just haven't started yet.:rolleyes:

readytocopy
4th Mar 2009, 17:08
Nothing will ever happen to AC...its the best job in town....no other company stands up to its proffessionalism. Yes we here about the complaints from the passengers as to their customer service agents...but to the public...stop asking stupid questions.

Dehavillandman
4th Mar 2009, 22:22
Whatever gets you through the night. I suspect that dumping all the excess cash to the investors last year, crying the blues about being without cash, and not paying into the pension plan makes it a truly outstanding outfit. good luck.

fatbus
5th Mar 2009, 05:46
If they go into CCAA again I would not plan on any Gov money, also seems ACE controls the pension money ( or lack of ) and if they dissolve so does the pension but like RTC said nothing will ever happen to AC, ya sure!

Good luck with that

readytocopy
6th Mar 2009, 04:32
Just out of curiosity...does anyone know what an FO at WJA makes on his 3rd yr...what he sees on his pay stub and what an FO at AC sees in his 3rd yr out of flat pay. Dont count the stock options or ESP...if the guys at WJA did not contribute to ESP what would be their paycheck/month and what would be the AC's FO paycheck after all the deductions on the A320 coming out of flat pay.

Mach75
6th Mar 2009, 06:12
3rd year F/O at WJ earns $80,000 a year in straight salary (not including ESP, O/T, Stock Options, or Profit Share).
Not sure about specific AC salaries but I understand that they are dependent upon your aircraft type.

crazy woman
7th Mar 2009, 03:01
So if you include the 20% ESP and the announced last year's profit sharing of 10% of salary, this guy made $104K. Would that make them the highest paid 3year pilots in Canada? Flying the newest fleet and hiring.

What does a top scale Captain make on pure salary, no options,esp or ps.?

How is the new agreement going?. Downward pressure on salary? Maybe

Gload
10th Mar 2009, 09:05
The question is not how much can you make, the question is; "how much has the company lost?":confused:

sepia
13th Mar 2009, 04:40
Guess you don't include pension into that calculation.