PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS Notes Sufficient?

Okavango
17th Feb 2009, 21:16
Hi. I'm in the middle of the first module of ATPL's with Bristol GS. While I find the notes enough to pass most progress tests, some questions appear to have no supporting info in the notes. Is further reading from other areas necessary or does it all come together from other parts on completion? Cheers.

Frankly Mr Shankly
17th Feb 2009, 21:33
Give Alex et al a bell if you get to stuck, but it should all come together on the two fairly intensive brush up courses.

Good luck.

speedbird001
18th Feb 2009, 08:05
Horses for courses i suppose, but BGS notes were more than enough for me, they are more geared to PASSING the exams, i think they take some stuff out that won't be in the exams rather than bore the :mad: out you, plus like Mr S said those books with the crammer should see you through.

Im sure you know this but make sure you try to understand as much as possible, ask ask and ask again on BGS forum or on here, sign up to the OLQB a couple of weeks before your course etc, if you are like me and struggled with a lot of it, most of your questions have already been asked before :ok: and it's good to know you are not alone, like i said i found none of it easy going to work then doing 3 to 4 hours per day but it paid off as i passed the lot first time to my supprise.

Good luck and alll the very best, BGS pretty good to say the least :ok:

SB001

Okavango
18th Feb 2009, 17:38
Thanks. Not really a criticism of BGS - in fact I have to say it's one of the best services I've ever come across. It was just a small niggle as there seems to be one or two 'oddball' questions in each test and I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing in just using the notes.

Rugbyears
18th Feb 2009, 19:03
Okavango - can you provide an example of the type of question you are finding awkward - A brief explanation may slot that missing piece of the jigsaw in to place!

There’s no shame in struggling we are all in this together, I would much rather ask then fail! :ok:

adverse-bump
18th Feb 2009, 21:12
I would say the BS are the best going ( have seen oxford's and another schools)

for some of the progress tests ( and some of the CAA exams, you will have to read between the lines! )

bgs, will normally help and point out the corrent pages if your stuck. but as mentioned above, the brush up courses will really help you out! dont expect to get too much sleep!