PDA

View Full Version : Near Miss!

The Red Knight
16th Feb 2009, 12:47
Apologies if posted elsewhere. Just been on the BBC news.

BBC NEWS | UK | RAF aircraft in near miss (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7892448.stm)

KeepItTidy
16th Feb 2009, 13:49
I have seen this footage on here before , Strange how the MOD cant trace it yet its clearly a Tucano and how did the onboard footage come to get on youtube ?

Grabbers
16th Feb 2009, 14:02
KIT

I reckon someone posted that footage on youtube over an internet connection. But I'm no expert.:ok:

srobarts
16th Feb 2009, 14:16
It's been on youtube for over two months but only just surfaced in the media, The Sun had it this morning and the beeb's usual high standards probably means that their news comes from the Sun!
A bit of a slack time for news apart from depression/banks malarkey.

Romeo Oscar Golf
16th Feb 2009, 14:39
Curious that the RN's scrape with the French was also made "BBC" public today. At least the RAF missed each other despite a much greater closing speed with far less reaction time available.:E

DX Wombat
16th Feb 2009, 17:21
It's also ancient! If it the same one as I am thinking of, I saw it at least 2.5 years ago and it wasn't brand new then. :* Quite apart from that, the implication is obviously that there was a student involved and that isn't necessarily so. It could have been a check flight for an instructor (or two). It's about time the BBC and ITV used a little bit of commonsense before airing such items, but I suppose that is FAR to much to expect. :mad: