PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Chuckles666
16th Feb 2009, 11:37
Boys and girls, Hello.

1st post so please be gentle.

I have had a brief look at some of the threads and forum memebrs posts and how. I cant belive how i now look at the aviation world. I suppose the best thing is that its real people on here and its always good to get both sides to a story / experience.

Obviously i joined on here as i have an interest in the aviation world. Trying to save money up to get a PPL then hopefully CPL. But looking around some web pages via google and yahoo bringing up some schools in UAE. First impressions was it does not look as expensive as the likes of CTS wings scheme that i looked at doing before i moved to Dubai. How the hell are you supposed to get 60,000 pounds without having a job previously or having wealthy parents (i gather that some people would have thier parents give them 60K?).

I have in mind the only way i will achive my goal is to pay for it myself.

Working in Dubai i meet alot of Emirates/FlyDubai and Eithad airways pilots and they have various answer to the question i ask them. Where and how did you get your license?

So people since its early days (Still need to save up more cash) and i have had a introductory flight to see if i liked it.

Where is the best place to learn once cash is all saved up and where? Best value etc.

Thanks

Simon

P.s go easy with me! :ok:

Mach086
16th Feb 2009, 12:29
Guys, he did say please be gentle.

Therefore when you start putting down links to past threads that answer this question - please say it in a nice way!

Chuckles666
16th Feb 2009, 13:14
Point me in the right direction then boys and girls, as i mentioned im new to here so excuse me if i have no navigated every post.

nick14
16th Feb 2009, 13:22
look at the top threads in this and the proff training forums....

Halfwayback
16th Feb 2009, 15:45
Chuckles

Welcome to the Forum. As has been intimated above there are numerous threads dealing with the 'way ahead' to becoming a pilot.

Most of the relevant points ARE in the archived threads above. Some may be a little dated, but there again, little has changed.

You will need a medical to see if you satisfy the requirements.
You should take a flight to see if you enjoy it and to see if that is what you want to do for the rest of your working life.
You should research the cost of the training
You should decide which path you wish to take to achieve your aim.These are all basic decisions that the threads will help you with. However, in order to stop the incessant, recurrent blathering of those with 'this is better than that' themes I will lock the thread and wait for a PM from you when you are ready to post again.

HWB