PDA

View Full Version : Air India Vacancies

bad_attitude
16th Feb 2009, 08:45
AirIndia - Trainee-Pilot-Opening (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/Trainee-Pilot-Opening.aspx)

:ok::ok::ok:

NACIL-A(Air-India) invites applications for the post of Trainee Pilot from Indian Citizens (wherever domiciled) belonging to the General category and Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Class Community fulfilling the following requirements to fill up the existing vacancies
Number of Vacancies : 40
GEN : 21 SC : 06 ST : 03 OBC : 10
Qualifications :
Academic :
Minimum education of H.S.C. (10+2) or equivalent.
(Graduates in Engineering or B.Sc. (Maths and Physics) / B.Sc. (Aviation) will be given due weightage.)

Technical :

Commercial Pilot’s Licence, issued by Director General of Civil Aviation, Govt of India which should be current at the time of application. (Candidates with higher licences and endorsements can also apply.).
Note: Candidates with FAA/CAA/other licences must have converted their licences and should be in possession of the current Indian CPL at the time of application.
Endorsement on Multi-Engine aircraft which need not be current. (In lieu of Multi-Engine rating, 25 hrs of Multi-Engine Full Flight Simulator approved by DGCA would be accepted.)
Instrument Rating which need not be current.
FRTO licence issued by DGCA
COP/RTR issued by Ministry of Communication, WPC Wing, Govt. of India.
Current Medical Certificate – Class I issued by DGCA, Govt. of India. Note: Due weightage will be given to actual Command experience on Jets/Multi Engine Turboprop transport aircraft. Upper Age Limit :

35 years for GEN & Abinitio CPL holders
40 years for SC/ST & 38 years for OBC candidates as on 01.02.2009.
45 years for Pilots holding either of the following :
ALTP Licence, or;
A minimum total of 1500 hours in Command, on multi engine Turbo prop/ jet/fan, or fighter aircraft, or;)
A minimum total of 2000 hours as a First Officer in a recognized airline on multiengine turbo-prop/jet/fan aircraft.
Note: Ex Servicemen will be given age relaxation as per Govt. rules Minimum Height Standard :
Minimum height requirement is 152.5cms.
Note: Candidates between heights of (152.5 cms) and (162.5 cms) will be accepted, subject to successful ergonomic assessment check on Simulator in the presence of Company Medical Officer.
Selection Procedure :
Eligible candidates will be required to appear for written test followed by Psychometric Evaluation and personal interview (all at Mumbai) at candidate’s own expenses. Candidates short-listed after personal interview will be required to undergo Simulator/Flight Proficiency Assessment Check. Cost of Simulator Check of Rs.10,000/- will be borne by the GEN/OBC candidates. This amount should be paid in the form of Demand Draft/Postal Order in favour of Air-India, Mumbai, prior to the Simulator Assessment Check. SC/ST candidates will be exempted from payment of cost of Simulator Check.
Short-listed (Selected) candidates will have to undergo Company Medical examination.
Note: SC/ST candidates called for written test and interview will be paid Travelling Allowance by the shortest route as admissible under the Rules. SC/ST candidates will be exempted from payment of cost of Simulator Check.
Cost of Training :
Candidates selected as Trainee Pilots are required to give post dated cheques of Rs.25 lakhs towards the training cost which will be encashed if he/she does not complete a period of 5 years of service in Air-India and will have to execute an Agreement/Surety Bond to satisfactorily complete the training and serve Air India Limited for a period of atleast 5 years on being absorbed as Co-Pilot. Selected candidates will also have to execute Performance Bond after completion of each subsequent training/endorsement as stated in the Agreement which he executes on appointment.
Remuneration :
Trainee Pilots will be paid a stipend of Rs.25,000/- per month during their training period. On successful completion of training and on obtaining endorsement on stipulated aircraft in the fleet of Air-India, they will be appointed as Co-Pilot in the pay scale of Rs.15200-275-16300-350-17000-400-19000 on completion of stipulated conditions.
General :

Reservation and Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be made as per Govt. of India rules.
Candidates belonging to OBC category must submit a photocopy of current financial year certificate in format as prescribed by Govt of India and issued by the competent authority. The certificate, inter alia, must specifically state that the candidate does not belong to socially advanced sections excluded from the benefits of reservations for OBC in Civil posts and services, under the Govt. of India. His/Her caste should be reflected in the Central List of OBCs. The certificate should also contain the ‘Creamy Layer’ Clause where applicable.
Only attested copy of caste certificate should be enclosed by SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Candidates already in service of Government/ Quasi Government organisations, Public Sector Undertakings should apply through proper channel.
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill all eligibility criteria and that particulars furnished by them in the application are correct in all respect. In case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the fee once paid will not be refunded on any account.
Air-India is not responsible for any postal delay/loss at any stage of transmission/communication.
No accommodation will be provided by the Company.
Selected candidates on appointment may be posted/transferred at any base station/outstation of Air India purely on Administrative and Operational requirement, at the discretion of the Management.
Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as a DISQUALIFICATION.
Court jurisdiction will be Mumbai in case of any disputes. How to Apply :
Candidates meeting the above requirements may apply on plain paper (typed) as per the prescribed format. Applications should be forwarded to the Executive Director Operations-II, Operations Department, Air-India, Old Airport, Santa Cruz (East), Mumbai-400 029. GEN and OBC candidates should submit a non-refundable fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Air-India, Mumbai payable at Mumbai alongwith their application. SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of this fee. Application should be accompanied with 2 recent passport size photographs (1 fixed on the format in the space provided). (Last date of receipt of application : 09.03.2009).

To view Format of Application please click here (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/downloads/Tr_Pilot_Open_ad_2Feb09.pdf)

bad_attitude
16th Feb 2009, 17:32
hmmm not even a single reply ... that's weird ... i thought the guys were take to this like cats to tuna!

or is that you blokes are too busy applying! :ok::ok::ok:

anyways, good luck to you chaps ... post here if you're one of the lucky few who finally made it though! good luck! :ok::ok::ok:

divinesoul
16th Feb 2009, 23:36
Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as a DISQUALIFICATION.

I wonder if this is only on paper. Especially in India its who you know or how much dough one has that gets things done.

flying demon
17th Feb 2009, 06:51
hey guys thanks on the info...i was just wondering in anycase would you guys know what exactly can be expected in the air india written examination...i know "study everything and brush-up all the subjets"...but a few books which the AI xaminers would definately pull out a few questions from???
btw...i never happened to see the adv. in any newspaper by far???

Schumi - Red Baron
17th Feb 2009, 12:33
I have heard that air india exams are about aerodynamics and technical knowledge......Navigation, law, met etc are just 5-10% but rest is aerodynamics and technical.....

Schumi - Red Baron
17th Feb 2009, 12:40
Quote:
I wonder if this is only on paper. Especially in India its who you know or how much dough one has that gets things done.

Going by what i heard was that there were 150 vacancies out of which 80-90 were filled by influential people (or people who knew them and used there contacts)..... Now these are the seats which were left as NACIL had to show (to the indian government) that there has been induction...

Now after this selection it will be shown that 150 pilots were inducted in Air india....

divinesoul
17th Feb 2009, 12:47
not surprising at all since even the DGCA the aviation regulator in India is corrupt how can one expect AI(being India's national carrier) not to be.

sad state of affairs.when will this ever change.

Schumi - Red Baron
17th Feb 2009, 13:26
Not only DGCA and AI even private airlines like JET airways and Kingfisher have all these things....

And i think it will not change.....Thats the sadest part....:sad:

futureTP
17th Feb 2009, 22:13
Hi guys i have a few questions about the application process... is there a contact number i can call to speak to someone in recruitment

thanks

Capt Apache
17th Feb 2009, 22:49
Study Mechanics of Flight by Kermode...Wish you guys good luck

Capt.Morrgan
18th Feb 2009, 03:32
agent123

so guess it's safe to say if you and I could become buddies, I have the potential of falling under bullet point 1 you mentioned above :E....sweet!!!

sorry a newbie here, so couldn't resist; but will do anything for the RHS, including, but not limited to, making new friends :O

good luck everyone

bad_attitude
18th Feb 2009, 04:05
sad but true, i will have to second agent123 on this ... i doubt any genuine candidate will make it through. :mad::mad::mad:

however, when these chaps had their selection for the ab initio cadets way back on '07, i don't think those were rigged. :}:}:}

Capt Apache
18th Feb 2009, 05:51
Trainee Pilots will be paid a stipend of Rs.25,000/- per month during their training period. On successful completion of training and on obtaining endorsement on stipulated aircraft in the fleet of Air-India, they will be appointed as Co-Pilot in the pay scale of Rs.15200-275-16300-350-17000-400-19000 on completion of stipulated conditions

How long will the selection process take?My guess is atleast a year.So be prepared to stay without a job until then.

How long will the training go on for?I believe it will start with the most influential and end with the nobody.My guess is atleast over 18 months.And he will obviously end up with a rating on an obsolete aircraft.So you will only be online about 2 years later.

What does the above payscale mean....Hope you guys are in the reserved category...Good Luck

Dont forget to read Mechanics of Flight by Kermode

bad_attitude
18th Feb 2009, 07:31
obsolete a/c :confused: you call a B738/9 or an A319/320/321 an obselete a/c ... what do you currently fly, the B787 or the A380 :confused:

IMHO, from what i last checked, neither does AIX, AI or Indian have obselete a/c's on their fleet :rolleyes:

Schumi - Red Baron
18th Feb 2009, 11:06
I have heard that quite a few Kingfisher guys who were on stipend have joined air india recently...... Can anyone confirm that....

It was that those pilots were type rated hence air india saved on their rating and training and the KF guys got their worth (they were getting less than what a bloke in call centre was earning)

jet_air
18th Feb 2009, 14:08
I have heard that quite a few Kingfisher guys who were on stipend have joined air india recently...... Can anyone confirm that....

It was that those pilots were type rated hence air india saved on their rating and training and the KF guys got their worth (they were getting less than what a bloke in call centre was earning)

NOPE THEY ARE VERY MUCH ON THE GROUND...

SOME OF THEM ARE NO WHERE CLOSE TO AN AIRPORT ..
AND BTW ALL OF EM I AM REFERRING TO ARE ATR 72 TYPED..

Capt Apache
18th Feb 2009, 14:27
obsolete a/c http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif you call a B738/9 or an A319/320/321 an obselete a/c ... what do you currently fly, the B787 or the A380 http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif

IMHO, from what i last checked, neither does AIX, AI or Indian have obselete a/c's on their fleet

AirIndia - Fleet Airbus 310 (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/Fleet-Airbus-310.aspx?MID=196)#

Please check again :ok:
And their 747s are gonna be phased out sometime soon.
Only a bad attitude doesnt work.

bad_attitude
18th Feb 2009, 15:13
what is your definition of an obsolete a/c ... how is an A310 or a B747 obsolete:confused:

in any case, it's a company sponsored type rating. they're just not gonna let person go once the aircraft. and even if they do, big deal ... plenty of outfits out there with A310s!:ok:

i know i have a bad attitude, thats why i call myself bad_attitude :}:E;)

bad_attitude
18th Feb 2009, 15:24
@jetair: from what i hear, apart from the ATR guys who're sitting, i hear that over 100 A320 pilots are sitting at home as well. KF has excellent management! :ok:

Capt Apache
18th Feb 2009, 16:01
Now that you have checked again let me also explain to you the meaning of obsolete...It means NO LONGER PRODUCED OR USED...SOMETHING OUT OF DATE...and Im sure it meant the same the last time you checked.:D

Only a bad attitude doesnt work...nevermind what you call yourself

bad_attitude
19th Feb 2009, 01:33
sure the 310's and the 747's might be getting phased out ... but they just might be going back to the lessor. they will definitely be in use and are most certainly out of date.

in any case you've missed the point. even if the a/c were to be out of date. and the company were paying for the rating, then why bother? Even if you get 10 hours on type, you stand to gain! considering that there are Zero jobs out there right now! :}

in any case fella's ... give this your best shot. prepare hard. whether you make it or not, you'll be well prepared for the future exams which folllow ... :ok:

agent123, spot on, they gotta shell out money from their own pockets for their checks! :ugh::{:sad:

Schumi - Red Baron
19th Feb 2009, 03:26
Well looking at the current situation i don't think that there will be any induction after this.....We cannot even imagine any Recruitment in KF or Jet.... So this is the only chance the wannabies have if they want to fly....

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/354092-jet-airways-problems.html

And i cannot imagine anything fair in india...There would be some influential involved right now..... U know what i mean....
@bad_attitude

and the company were paying for the rating, then why bother? Even if you get 10 hours on type, you stand to gain! considering that there are Zero jobs out there right now!

Mate whats the use of the endorsment if u are not going to fly that machine....In that case u just signed a bond with the company and ruined your carrier just like the guys in KF who are on stipend.....

bad_attitude
19th Feb 2009, 07:36
the aviation industry has a 10 year boom bust cycle ... those low time guys who don't get in now, will either have to quit the industry or keep thier license current for the next 10 years at additional expense.

looking at the above in view, a 5 year bond doesn't seem all that bad.

anyways, why am i trying to convince anyone ... air india's a dream job. i would love to fly for them eventually. the job security, the perks ... aaah! :E:E:E

Schumi - Red Baron
19th Feb 2009, 08:19
I agree with you that air india is a dream job for many indian pilots. The job security, perks etc etc are good. But the managment isn't good at all. Air india even makes jet airways look like a well oiled machine. There is way too much influence of indian government in air india.

And i read that Air India was going to join Star alliance but the star website doesn't mention air india as it's member.

AirIndia - 2007 AI to join star alliance (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/2007-AI-to-join-star-alliance.aspx)

Star Alliance Member Airlines - Star Alliance (http://www.staralliance.com/en/meta/airlines/index.html)

Capt Apache
19th Feb 2009, 14:22
So this is the only chance the wannabies have if they want to fly....

Dont be so disheartened.1 door closes 10 more open.Give it your best shot.

Aviation India: Careers: Paramount to hire 500 pilots and 600 cabin crew (http://indianaviationnews.net/careers/2009/01/paramount-to-hire-500-pilots-and-600.html)

Month old news but gives hope.Thats what you need to ride this time.

bad_attitude
20th Feb 2009, 01:07
Paramount is hiring. But they don't need 500 pilots! Love how the media blows things into outer space! :ugh:

All you need to do is pay them 25 lakhs upfront for a 170 rating, an a/c which no other outfit in india has ...:sad:

Schumi - Red Baron
20th Feb 2009, 03:10
“We employ 25 pilots and 30 cabin crew per aircraft. Accordingly the numbers will go up (with the addition in the fleet),” Paramount Managing Director M. Thiagarajan said.

I don't think that even Jet or KF has that many pilots per A/C.....

And they need pilots with india ATPL....So, I think they are expecting 1500 hrs. min as we don't have anything called frozen ATPL...

Air career in India, Airway jobs India, Careers in airlines in India, Careers in airports (http://www.paramountairways.com/careers_pilot.html)

Capt Apache
20th Feb 2009, 07:57
Expats will go agent.They were never meant to be here forever.Thats your lottery.
like Winston Churchill said "Im an optimist,There just doesnt seem much sense being anything else"
And who needs a reason to throw a beer party anyways yaar.

Some loser once said Laughter is the best medicine.I bet he never drank.

abhi88
20th Feb 2009, 09:00
Airlines will take in Indian freshers very very slowly. and also phase out the expats in an equally slow pace.

Finally,something that makes sense from the Agent..:D

Schumi - Red Baron
20th Feb 2009, 10:13
Airlines will take in Indian freshers very very slowly. and also phase out the expats in an equally slow pace.

I think it's better for the overall safety....U just cannot throw the expats out by giving them a deadline..... If all of them go at once, then what, there are not many experienced indian pilots (eventhought there are a lot of freshers :} ) to take command of the A/C.... U cannot expect the airline to train so many pilots at once to take the command of the A/C.... The airlines were caught off-guard by the rapid growth of aviation sector and they required help which was given to them by EXPATS...

eg. The 777 ops. in jet are maintained by expats.... the people are also appointed by expats..... As the new indian pilots learn from experience the expats will be phased out....:O

Capt Apache
20th Feb 2009, 12:52
Has anybody applied here INDIAN COAST GUARD - Job Opportunities (http://indiancoastguard.nic.in/IndianCoastGuard/jobs/jobs.html)

Pay is simple but another sarkari job.Plus you might catch some terrorists if you are lucky

Schumi - Red Baron
20th Feb 2009, 13:10
Another political gimmick by the aviation minister..... You can sense elections are near with such reports which do not stand any ground....

MUMBAI: Domestic airlines have geared up for a massive recruitment programme for local pilots after civil aviation minister asked carriers this week to replace their foreign pilots by July 2010. Sensing possible shortage of Indian pilots over the next three quarters, full service carriers such as Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines have already sounded out competitors’ pilots.

Jet Airways has nearly 780 Indian and 230 foreign pilots. “We will gradually make Jet Airways a fully Indian-run and the process has already started,” said a senior Jet Airways official.

On the other hand, National Aviation Company of India, which runs the national carrier Air India, will be hiring 40 trainee pilots and co-pilots from Indian citizens. An Air India spokesperson said these fresh pilots will also have to execute performance bond after completion of training . Air India is a national carrier and it keeps hiring pilots at regular intervals , he added.

The main concern is that India doesn’t have enough ‘efficient’ pilots, with the expertise and experience to fly large aircraft like Boeing and Airbus . The industry may see cut-throat hiring from competition, said an analyst with a brokerage firm.

Currently, India has about 1,000 foreign pilots in domestic airlines. In 2005, the government allowed airline operators to hire foreign co-pilots , senior pilots or commanders. Directorate General of Civil Aviation last year said 1,490 foreign pilots were given licences to seek work in the Indian civil aviation sector.

Not only full service carries but lowfare airlines are also hiring pilots. Gurgaon-based no-frill carrier SpiceJet ' plans to hire a dozen more in the current fiscal year.

axialflow
20th Feb 2009, 14:19
Co-Pilot in the pay scale of Rs.15200-275-16300-350-17000-400-19000

Can someone pleeeeeeeeeas explain how you read/understand this pay scale??

Thank you,

Ax

bad_attitude
20th Feb 2009, 14:20
all the chaps with 6/6 vision without correction should head over to the indian coast guard! :ok:

Schumi - Red Baron
20th Feb 2009, 15:53
State carrier Air India, which was overlooked in Monday’s interim Budget, finds itself in a precarious financial situation, whereby it is becoming increasingly difficult for the airline to pay wages to its staff, fulfil lease commitments and aircraft loans

Air India struggles to pay wages (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/air-india-struggles-to-pay-wages/425997/)

bad_attitude
21st Feb 2009, 02:54
2009 is going to be a tough year ... lets hope for some respite in 2010.

Schumi - Red Baron
21st Feb 2009, 03:15
A lot will depend on the policies followed by the managment of different airlines..... KF cannot afford to make another blunder (now after it brought air deccan)....

India’s cash-strapped airlines are looking at raising funds by selling planes, engines and slots at airports and see a huge opportunity in leasing planes to tide over the crunch.

Airlines look to lease out, sell planes - Corporate News - livemint.com (http://www.livemint.com/2009/02/17213030/Airlines-look-to-lease-out-se.html?h=B)

Psnake
22nd Feb 2009, 05:29
wasn't the last date for application for the coast gaurd vacancy 31 Jan.. correct me if i am wrong..:)

Schumi - Red Baron
22nd Feb 2009, 06:35
I think that u r right because some students got a call for a test in noida for the job in Feb....:ok:

CaptWUFF
26th Feb 2009, 11:16
Air India is a good airline, especially if you hvae 250 hours! The only problem, is that you will sit and wait forever before they send you for your training! Great airline once you get in, very stable job. Always + and - for each job, but definately utilized your time on the ground to study up. Check out SmartCockpit dot com.

linguskaptan
27th Feb 2009, 10:08
Doe anyone have any idea what sort of questions come up on the Air India sim assessment? I have one in a week or so and dont have time to cover everything and would like to study more effectively..

turbolader
27th Feb 2009, 14:44
hey guys,

As ull all know by now that AIR INDIA has an opening for trainee pilots and the written exam is on the 20 of March 09.

I wanted to know as to how long does the whole procedure to actually go through all th tests and finally get recruited by AIR INDIA(tats if i do) actually take?? 2months...3months.....??????

if any one could please giv me an insight into this??

-turbolader

SATC7
28th Feb 2009, 08:03
I couldnt find the date of examination on the net so could somebody
share the link for the same

rohankotwalkar
5th Mar 2009, 06:31
where did u get the date from............n how sure r u on that

capt777chris
5th Mar 2009, 15:02
FYI I applied to Air India through a contract agency back in September and October time frame. My DGCA security paperwork went to the DGCA 17/10/08, I have yet to get a clearance. Because I did not have a clearance in November I missed a screening. Ir India held a screening in the states in February and even though I STILL did not have a clearance I did get to go. The sim guy said 'welcome to AIr India' as his initial debriefing item. The interviewer said that we could expect to attend 'Familiarization' in about 3 weeks in NYC. So far I haven't got a date when that will start. Its been 3 weeks tomorrow.

Luckily I got forewarned about India hiring and flying for them by a close friend. He wrote an extensive list of how to adapt and every other item on his list was "Be Patient" and he flew for Jet Airways.

As far as the interview, there were no questions, most of the interview consisted of rechecking all the paperwork you had already sent to the contract agency, especially flight logs, current medical and date of last flight and sim.

I'd love to 'talk' to anyone there now about tests that are required once we get there. Another person told me that you are required to take the tests and pass even though there was no training--very interesting! He also told me that any F/O has the gouges--sure hope so.

If you are interested in the sim profile I can post that as well.

I also would love to find out if incorporating yourself is worth the effort. Do I need an umbrella policy for protection against accidents. Any ex-pat--chime in here please.

Still waiting................ but with patience (not):ugh:

rohankotwalkar
6th Mar 2009, 04:46
any new's onthe exact writtens date for Airindia ? ? ?

abelsinglei
8th Mar 2009, 12:10
hi:8, wat bout trainee ame's.any idea?:confused: i wanna do ma apprentice in air india. right now im doin in mesco bt i would like to change to air india:ugh:. so, how should i approach?

Schumi - Red Baron
8th Mar 2009, 12:40
Isn't mesco for helis..... I don't know much about AME but out of curosity wanted to know that can AME who work on fixed wings, work for rotary wings also....:confused:... Or they require a different license.....

Schumi - Red Baron
9th Mar 2009, 06:38
According to civil aviation ministry sources, Nacil is being forced into “distress borrowing” now since most banks are willing to roll over the company’s short-term loans. The exposure of banks has breached the limits set for a single company. “Instead, they (banks) have now demanded a comfort letter from the government,” said an official who did not want to be quoted.

Will AI survive.... Indian government has to do something quickly.... After all its the Flag carrier.....

Maharaja’s coffers go empty and the banks aren’t lending (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/maharajas-coffers-go-empty-and-the-banks-arent-lending/432544/)

fourgolds
9th Mar 2009, 09:14
Gents ( and ladies)

I,m a little confused about whats happening in Indian Aviation. Just a few questions

With all the talk of expat contracts being terminated by 2010 , as well as layoffs and equipment transfers ( Jet 777 to GF for example). Why then are Air India still advertising for expat 777 crews on 3 year contracts?

Is it true that you have to keep your base licence current. Lets say I get my Indian Gcaa licence based on an FAA one. I now have to keep going back to the USA to ensure my FAA licence is renewewd on the 777 ? , or do they like everywhere else in the world give you a 6 monthly sim check and keep your Indian licence current ?

Some contract agencies offer US/ Canadian bases. Then they talk of 6 on 2 off . Well which is it ? are you based in the US ( ie you start your flights out of say JFK and return there. Or are you 6 weeks anywhere on the schedule and then 2 weeks off ( on the base they refer too)

Aprreciate any input . Tks

abelsinglei
9th Mar 2009, 11:17
:hmm:schumi, ye bharat hai, aur bharat mein sab kuch chalta hai.:ok:
isleye to MERA BHARAT MAHAN:8

CaptWUFF
9th Mar 2009, 22:09
If Jet Airways sends backs expat pilots they cant go work for Air India for 6 months.

Schumi - Red Baron
10th Mar 2009, 04:31
Yahh...that :mad:ing rule by DGCA that you have to give 6 months notice period to the airline....:ugh:

turbolader
14th Mar 2009, 23:21
Hey guys, any idea as to where AIR INDIA mostly send their trainee pilots for training??? and how long would it take from the commencement of the the written xams till you know u have been selected by AIR INDIA???

optimus.Prime
15th Mar 2009, 05:30
I believe most of it is inhouse ,at their training facilities in Mumbai(B747,A310) & Hyderabad(A320 family)......they used to do the B777 Type in Egypt....not sure where its done now!

CaptWUFF
15th Mar 2009, 10:15
From the time you get hired to the time you are online can take yeeeeeeeeeeeeeears with air india.

vikram_vish
16th Mar 2009, 07:28
Has anyone who has applied for this got any reply from AI yet?
Any ideas on the Exam Dates?
Thanks!

sierra_november
28th Mar 2009, 12:49
the exam's on 12th April....
AirIndia - Recruitment of Trainee Pilots 2009 (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/Recruitment-of-Trainee-Pilots-2009.aspx)
did anyone get their call letter through email ?

bad_attitude
28th Mar 2009, 20:48
thanks for the update.

good luck to all appearing! :ok::ok::ok:

HAWK21M
29th Mar 2009, 08:27
will reservations always be there:ugh:
regds
MEL

Schumi - Red Baron
29th Mar 2009, 10:17
Unfortunately yes.... That's a sad truth about India.... Reservations instead of merit....:ugh:

And whats more sad is that there is no intention of the Indian govt. to do away with the reservations on the basis of community (caste)....:(

sierra_november
2nd Apr 2009, 07:34
no problem b_a ....
http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Downloads/Notification_Eligible_Not_Eligible_candidates.pdf
that's the list of eligible candidates....

for those of you who are still awaiting the call letter, here's what you need to study
Air Navigation, met, radio aids and aircraft instruments , regulations, aero engines(including jet engines), aerodynamics, aircraft performance(general), Jeppesen charts, latest developments in aviation and general knowledge of aviation in India.

all the best ! :ok:

optimus.Prime
26th Apr 2009, 05:24
So now that the entire "INTAKE" fiasco is done with and time for medicals/contract signing, did any one of my fellow-PPRuners actually make it into Air India,this time around?

turbolader
29th Apr 2009, 00:39
Nope.......i made it till the interview n then they fugged me up.........fkin pirates...............but ive heard theres another vacany cumin up in AIR INDIA by the end of MAY.

optimus.Prime
29th Apr 2009, 07:31
Thats Bad!heard a lot of'em did get "OUT" in the Interviews!!!:confused::confused:

But yeah, as you (TurboLoader) mentioned , the rumour doing the rounds is that AI would be recruiting thrice , this /early next year!!

As also ,IC is expected to publish a few vacancies ,too!!!:ok:
BestaLuck!!!

picollo
29th Apr 2009, 07:38
As a curious observer I am wondering what kind of questions can one expect in an Air India interview?
Is it an HR style interview to check suitability or mainly technical?

Cheers

aviationdebrousse
3rd Jun 2009, 10:57
The Hindu Business Line : No malpractices in trainee pilots selection: Air India (http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/09311620.htm)

VT-ASM
3rd Jun 2009, 11:08
Sorry to drift away from the topic, But does anyone know what tests to expect in airline medicals ?

Regards

Boeing7xx
3rd Jun 2009, 11:23
CME or elsewhere?

VT-ASM
3rd Jun 2009, 11:45
I mean medicals specific to AI

Regards

Boeing7xx
3rd Jun 2009, 12:00
company medical examination is done by internal doctors (or Max Healthcare and Jaslok Hospital or doctors empanelled by AI). Expect the regular blood, lipid profile, etc and a TMT.

VT-ASM
3rd Jun 2009, 12:23
thanks mate,

Is EEG a part of the test ?

gangsta
14th Jun 2009, 14:42
AIR INDIA chairman-cummanaging director Arvind Jadhav, 53, has cancelled the recruitment of 40 trainee pilots and ordered the HR department of the airline to start the recruitment process afresh.The Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Air India board had received several complaints of manipulation and irregularities in the selection of these pilots in April.
Some of the selected candidates are said to be close relatives of senior airline officials.
“The decision was taken by the CMD early this week after the process was found to have been vitiated,” said a senior Air India official on condition of anonymity.
Of the 1,400 commercial pilot license (CPL) holders who appeared for the exam on April 12, Air India had finally selected 40 pilots. Soon after this, the list of selected trainee pilots had been forwarded to the then Air India CMD Raghu Menon for approval in the third week of April. Since then, the file had been lying on the CMD’s table.
When Jadhav took over as the new CMD over on May 4, he found that the perks and privileges offered to these pilots were higher than those permitted by the rules. Citing these conditions and several other irregularities, he the ordered cancellation of the entire process, the AI official said.
At present, there are over 1,000 foreign pilots working for different airlines in India. Air India, which has about 700 pilots on its rolls, employs about 100 foreign pilots.
The exercise to recruit Indian trainee pilots had started soon after the Directorate General of Civil Aviation issued directions to replace foreign pilots with Indians by July 31, 2010.
[email protected]

balajinaidoo
14th Jun 2009, 16:33
wow 40 out of 1400???????
man there are really guys with no job
comparing to software there are millions!!

nikaviator
29th Jun 2009, 12:39
Rumour has it that NACIL will be recruiting cpl holders again in July-August 09, any information on it guys?

airforceone13
30th Jun 2009, 06:09
considering the present state of air india..do you still feel they are in any mood of recruitment..

anyways..if vacancies do come..cheers to that!!:ugh:

nikaviator
30th Jun 2009, 06:59
maybe---as India md Arvind Jadhav had cancelled the recruitment of 40 trainee pilots over bias and ordered the HR department of the airline to start the recruitment process afresh. Frankly, I didn't even think they would be recruiting 40 pilots earlier in April.

nikaviator
7th Jul 2009, 13:41
what is AI upto??

Court issues notice to Air India against recruitment process - Business News - News - MSN India - News (http://news.in.msn.com/business/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3070190)