PDA

View Full Version : Cheap shares at White Waltham?

felixflyer
16th Feb 2009, 07:34
Hi

Any cheap shares going at White Waltham? Ive been down and looked on the board. Just wondered if there is anyone thinking of selling theirs but yet to advertise it.

Felix

Genghis the Engineer
16th Feb 2009, 07:36
There are usually shares in that cute little DR-9 which looks like Noddy's aeroplane for cheap solo flying .

G

djtaylor
16th Feb 2009, 09:28
We have a share available in our Condor. There should be a new notice on the board

felixflyer
16th Feb 2009, 09:29
Yes, that looks like fun. However at 6'3" and 230lbs i think i would be best suited to something else.:)

felixflyer
16th Feb 2009, 09:31
I saw the condor but i am trying to build some hours towards my PPL and if i rememner correctly the condor is an LAA aircraft.

Pilotdom
16th Feb 2009, 10:13
I saw the condor but i am trying to build some hours towards my PPL and if i rememner correctly the condor is an LAA aircraft.

What difference does it make if its on a permit or not? The hours still count towards your PPL in the Condor, the same as they do in a PA-28. Or are you saying you havn't got your ticket yet, and want to use the aircraft to train in?

felixflyer
16th Feb 2009, 10:22
Sorry, that should have said CPL:\

Genghis the Engineer
16th Feb 2009, 10:45
Nothing to stop you hourbuilding towards CPL in an LAA permit aircraft, even a simple single-seater like the DR9 - the only restriction is that you have to stay day VMC with sight of the surface.

G

Nipper2
16th Feb 2009, 16:48
Slight topic drift, but it certainly used to be the case that hours in a Cri-Cri could be used to count for 'twin' time on a CPL. Is this still the case?

Just an idle question.

18greens
16th Feb 2009, 22:22
What are you looking for?

I would imagine some good offers are around given the climate. Those 16 man cherokees are a good deal and if they are daft enough to advertise more than one share at a time I'm quite sure a dutch auction will ensue.

Its a good idea to ask, I bet your inbox is full by now.

TheGorrilla
16th Feb 2009, 22:27
Have a look on the board just beyond the door into the bar. There's normally a "cheap" share there somewhere. Though the words cheap and white waltham aren't normally used in the same sentence. Personally, I think you get what you pay for. The banter/abuse at the bar is priceless!! :}:}:}

Genghis the Engineer
17th Feb 2009, 09:32
I may as well also mention, if you can compromise a bit on cheap, that there are a couple of shares going in our rather nice 4 seat taildragger at Booker - not a million miles away. Currently running at about £95/month and £60/hr. (Not my share, I should say, I enjoy flying it too much - but we could do with replacing the non-flying members.)

G

Prophead
17th Feb 2009, 11:53
Hi

Thanks for the replies, i have decided to just rent for now. The extra hourly rate will largely be set off by not having an initial purchase. I can also fly a few different types.

Regards

Felix

Human Factor
17th Feb 2009, 12:18
There are often shares going in various PA28-140s, normally in the order of £1500. Details are to be found on the board by the door to the bar or by asking around. Just remember every hour you build at Waltham will cost you at least another two in the bar.:ok:

TheGorrilla
18th Feb 2009, 00:22
Mmmmm.... many happy hours!! :)

Human Factor
18th Feb 2009, 07:44
Just make sure you don't get between TheGorrilla and his lunch! :eek: