PDA

View Full Version : Samsung/PC audio problem

Parapunter
15th Feb 2009, 21:26
Hi all,

I've jsut set upa media centre for a friend. It is an Aopen epc945, rrunning xp media centre. I have a soundblasteer audigy se & also realtek on board audio available.

I have connected the whole thing together & it works fine save for no audio. The video is an xfx (geforce) 6300 dvi out with hdmi in at the tv. The audio is a single 3.5mm stereo mini jack to the corresponding pc audio in socket on the tv.

There is no audio on either the soundblaster or the onboard audio (have disabaled one when trying the other).

I have read that the tv expects audio to come in via hdmi so declines to switch on the audio port when an hdmi cable is connected and that Samsungs don't like dvi-hdmi cables. All these notions are from enthusiast sites as I can't actually see anything in Samsung's FAQ's.

Anyone have any experience of this to offer a steer short of installing surround sound (which is in the offing before long in any event) Just frustrating to have a shiny new system upon which you can only watch see-hear & Subtitled editions of the news!