PDA

View Full Version : Kabul

answer=42
15th Feb 2009, 20:43
Wikipedia (source of all knowledge, some accurate!) tells me the following airlines currently fly internationally to Kabul:

- Indian Airlines (Delhi)
- Ariana Afghan Airlines (Ankara, Baku, Delhi, Dubai, Dushanbe, Frankfurt, Islamabad, Istanbul-Atatürk, Jeddah, Kuwait, Mashhad, Moscow-Sheremetyevo, Riyadh, Sharjah, Tehran-Imam Khomeini, Ürümqi)
- Kam Air (Abu Dhabi, Almaty, Ankara, Delhi, Dubai, Dushanbe, Istanbul-Ataturk, Kuwait, Mashhad, Sharjah)
-Pakistan International Airlines (Islamabad, Peshawar)
-Pamir Airways (Dubai)
-Safi Airways (Dubai, Kuwait, Sharjah)

I would guess that the recommended route from Europe is Indian via Delhi. Can anyone confirm?

Is a 'corkscrew' descent currently used? Is this a stupid question?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

This has been your SLF posting. Thank you for flying this SLF safely; I hope your airline has the opportunity to fly me again soon.

anito4a
15th Feb 2009, 22:26
I'd book only a one way ticket if I was going there right now! ;)

abhi88
16th Feb 2009, 06:08
I would guess that the recommended route from Europe is Indian via Delhi. Can anyone confirm?

It would be better if you go via dubai since many flights to kabul get cancelled regulary.. Safi airways and kam air have regular flights from dubai terminal 2.. Safi airways cockpit crew are mostly europeans,if that brings any comfort to you...:}

BelArgUSA
16th Feb 2009, 06:25
I flew a short Ariana contract "Haj Pilgrims" in 2005, Kabul to Jeddah.
In Kabul, we landed ILS Northbound to the runway.
Yes, lots of high terrain, on the approach, East and West.
But no need for a "corkscrew approach".
Departure - Takeoff Southbound is better, wind permitting.
Alternate - Bagram (NW 30 NM) if the Yanks let you land.
xxx
As far as getting to Kabul, fly from Dubai or Sharjah.
Have you got your AK-47 ready...?
:}
Happy contrails

BlackWater01
3rd Mar 2009, 12:31
I do confirm

... but probably you would like to evaluate ISAF/MAMBO Flights expetially if you are flying from Dush, Therm, Abu Dhabi, Doha etc