PDA

View Full Version : Swissair baggage handler salary

jamster247
15th Feb 2009, 18:31
Hi does any know what the recruitment process is like and what is the salary i have an interview on thursday

GRIZZLER
15th Feb 2009, 19:31
not sure what the wages are like ,but their chocolate is very nice....had some the other night from a divert into STN from london city.....thanks to a ba nose wheel....yummmmy
:ok:

jamster247
15th Feb 2009, 19:41
well do you think this will be more than 7 pound an hour

GRIZZLER
15th Feb 2009, 20:36
sorry mate cant help...i think you will find they vary a lot across the land and what ever company you work for...no set rate....some good ,some not...thats life.

good luck anyway.:ok:

ReadyToGo
15th Feb 2009, 20:37
Seeing that your location is "Sunderland" I am guessing the interview you are having is at Newcastle, and will therefore be with either for ServisAIR or SWISSport and not Swissair.

Baggage handlers at NCL are on about £7 an hour, but theres usually a shift bonus as well, so probably about £8 an hour in the end

Been a while since I was out on the ramp though.

RTG!

jamster247
15th Feb 2009, 20:46
cheers mate any idea what the interview question will be like

ReadyToGo
15th Feb 2009, 21:06
As I said its been quite a while since I worked on the ramp at NCL, but I don't think the interview will be too testing. As with most things, appear keen and interested in the industry and you should do ok.

When I was interviewed originally they were far more concerned with how I would cope with 4am starts and 3am finishes, and how prepared I was to do overtime, learn to drive strange equipment than anything else.

Might also be worth trying to at least have a note of what airlines the company handles, and what sort of aircraft you'll be dealing with.

Good Luck

RTG!