PDA

View Full Version : New Email Domain Name Problems

Tosh McCaber
14th Feb 2009, 16:51
In anticipation of leaving Pipex, due to really slooow internet connections, my wife and I have set up our own email domain name , so we'll now be sending/ receiving emails as ---- @ ----.co.uk., rather than ----@ dsl.pipex.com . We intend to inform all our contacts of our new email address, which means that we can send/ receive emails via our new domain name, on the back of whoever is our service provider. We have done it this way to mop up any incoming emais over the next month or so, after which we shall change our ISP.

I've got a PC, my wife has a Mac. I've set up my new account on the PC, with absolutely no problem. I'm able to receive and send between the old and new names with no problem.

But- my wife's Mac is giving us a headache. The Mac will receive emails addressed to our old Pipex address, but won't receive anything addressed to the new domain one.

Can any Mac user guide me, or direct me to a site giving step by step instructions for setting up multiple accounts on a Mac?? Grrrr!! Thanks!

Jofm5
17th Feb 2009, 04:42
What email client are you using - Mozilla thunderbird or something else ?

Tosh McCaber
17th Feb 2009, 05:24
After a lot of faffing about, I uninstalled the new email accounts completely (actually, there were two usernames under the new domain name), re-booted, and reinstalled them, testing the first, then the second.

I'm glad to say that now everything works.

Jofm5
17th Feb 2009, 07:14
cool good to hear :D