PDA

View Full Version : Bridging Exam Acceptance Period

Whirly Boy
14th Feb 2009, 01:48
Hello to all,
I would like to seek help from anyone with regard to JAR-FCL ATPL(H)/IR to ATPL(A) bridging exam acceptance period.

A bit of me, I am a holder of JAR-FCL ATPL(H)/IR which I have converted from my UK CAA ATPL(H) back in 2004. I got my CPL(H) based on the old UK CAA requirements and automatically gained ATPL(H) once I acquired all the hours needed.

I had sat and passed all papers for the bridging exams to obtain ATPL(A) theory credit in September 2006 based on LAS Section J1.9 Part 1. Now that I am in a financial position to complete my CPL(A)/MEP/IR training, I needed to make sure if my theory exams are still valid, before I burn a lot of money :confused:

My question is, how long is the acceptance period for my ATPL(A) papers, since I have never sat for any of JAR-ATPL(H) Interim arrangement? It seems like a gray area since Note 2 in LAS Section J1.9 does not really specified.

I would appreciate if anyone here has any experience on this issue. I would like to thank you all in advance for your kind replies :ok:

Cheers

WB

Alex Whittingham
14th Feb 2009, 11:32
I would suspect it is 36 months from your last exam, like all the other professional exams but you're right, it doesn't exactly say that anywhere that I can recall.

Whirly Boy
17th Feb 2009, 04:36
Thank you Alex. So I am pretty safe as long as I submit my CPL(A)/IR application by end of September this year.

Cheers for that!

WB