PDA

View Full Version : Online presentation software

Bus429
13th Feb 2009, 18:06
Hello,

I want to conduct presentations online to a closed group using powerpoint and live narration. Any ideas?

Jofm5
17th Feb 2009, 04:50
Bus,

Its a funny old world this game of computers.... I could say the same about planes lol but computers are my game hehe I just read these forums out of interest...

Enough of that what you are after is netcasting not broadcasting.

Here is a link about specifying your netcast server from powerpoint http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HP030885611033.aspx

although if you search on google for powerpoint and netcast you will find more pertinent results on what you are looking for.

Hope this helps - feel free to PM me if you want/need more detail.

Cheers

Jof

Final 3 Greens
17th Feb 2009, 05:57
Hi Bus

You could look at Citrix GoTo Meeting, if you wish to make it more interactive, e.g. to let your clients use seimple highlighting and other tools to work with you.

It isn't free, but it is very good and if you are doing it regularly, the cost of about 450$ will soon pay back.

You can share your screen (and thus deliver the PPT shpw), whilst connecting voice via VOIP. Personally, I use Skype rather than the built in function, but that's from habit :}

Jofm5
17th Feb 2009, 07:12
Remote desktop sharing with citrix is an option.

But if you do a proper net cast you can synchronise your voice over during presentations (i.e. with a microphone) with the slide changes. Having worked for a multinational whereby all company meetings were held in london and net cast across the globe it seems the way to go.

cheers

Bus429
17th Feb 2009, 09:26
All above,

Many thanks for your replies. There are many options available; I trialled several
except the one you suggested Jofm5 (will do ASAP). Of those I've tried (Adobe Connect Pro, Adobe Connect, Voxwire, Webex etc) GoToMeeting is the best. I need to broadcast video clips so they'll have to be embedded in presentations (swf?). Or is web-based video an option?
Final - your point about using Skype is a good one. I trialled a presentation this morning with a friend in Melbourne (I'm in the UK) and the thing that let it down was the audio; we switched to Skype and it worked OK. The thing is, I am adding this to the services I offer as part of my business. When setting up a presentation, I want to make sure I've let them know what they need; I think I'll suggest they keep Skype up should the GoToMeeting audio fail.