PDA

View Full Version : SAS cutting 3000 jobs!

tigermagicjohn
13th Feb 2009, 17:37
Just thought I would mention it, as it only seems to be mentioned in the Nordic forum. 450 of those jobs pilots!

How long and how low will this depression go?

wobble2plank
13th Feb 2009, 18:25
How about Air France to axe 1200 jobs after worst last quarter figures for a long time! And we thought they were in a good position!

ABO944
13th Feb 2009, 18:56
Most jobs are coming from SGS. A lot of good guys n gals going down the pan ... such a shame.

airman13
13th Feb 2009, 19:09
....so , the storm started in the airline industry.......

Me Myself
15th Feb 2009, 18:26
How about Air France to axe 1200 jobs after worst last quarter figures for a long time! And we thought they were in a good position!

Actually just people going into retirement and not being replaced. No one being sent out on the street. Pilots recruitment down by a fair bit but still going on. Sorry, not dead yet.

sevenforeseven
15th Feb 2009, 20:01
Why shock horror 450 pilots. All employees have mouths to feed and morgages to pay.
Sorry state of affairs to ALL employees.

Skydrol Leak
16th Feb 2009, 03:05
Realty check for a moment

We all tend to think that all things in life are given to us,but yet few realize that all these things are just privileges.If every company could understand this,rather than just thinking about the profit and how much money they can make per annum, the life and the current situation in the world would be definately different.
There were three cycles of economy "depressions" in the last 50 years , so these things don't come out of nowhere and they are expected to come around,just like an earthquakes in Tokyo; they are there consciously,but when are they going to happen?
Too bad that all these jobs are lost,but that's how we run as an society these days. Money hungry biatches...
For example the ants have;warriors,workers,queen ant guards and other ants and they didn't mess with their system for the last couple of millions of years...Hint?

Me Myself
16th Feb 2009, 06:21
Now, what a change of heart on this site. For some years now, I have read the most liberal if not down right mean comments about " yeah, let them rot, they deserve it " " that's the way the economy goes " when comapgnies were going tits up.
Now that most are stating to feel the heat under their toushy we are having a competition for sainthood.
It's the first time ever I read someone having worries about people's families and mortgage.
Is reality at long last biting ???