PDA

View Full Version : Best UK school to do Flight Instructor rating?

EchoKiloEcho
13th Feb 2009, 16:49
Can anyone recomend a school in the South of England to do a Flight Instructor course? I would like to get the best quality training that will enable be to get a job as a flight instructor. (basically quality training that will look good on the CD)

Any recomendations...?

Reluctant737
13th Feb 2009, 16:53
Wow, you use a CD instead of a CV?

Welcome to the new, and virtual, world! :ok:

Regarding FI training, I can recommend Halfpenny Green.

The Flight Centre at Halfpenny Green : Private Pilot Training PPL : Commercial Pilot (http://www.hgfc.co.uk/)

All the best, Ad

EchoKiloEcho
14th Feb 2009, 09:52
CV ;-)

Wolverhampton airport might be a little far away if I have to drive there every day, though. I looked at the website, looks good.

What about an FI at Bournemouth, Goodwood, Shoreham, White Waltham, Blackbushe, Biggin Hill, Fairoaks, Wycombe airpark areas?

Lurking123
14th Feb 2009, 11:07
Denham?

To be honest, the vast majority of places that do the FIC are good; they have to be.

BelArgUSA
14th Feb 2009, 11:40
Obviously, the "best" FI schools must issue "better" FI licences.
And certainly, their training gets you a job. Bad schools do not.
I thought all schools, good and bad, absolutely have guarantees for jobs.
Especially in this day and age of "pilot hiring boom..."
xxx
:ok:
Happy contrails

mierda
14th Feb 2009, 14:02
At Shoreham try Pooleys Flying Instructor School.

redbull21
14th Feb 2009, 16:15
Hi,

I would highly recommend two individuals, the 1st is Bob Bolster, CFI at Southend Flying school, excellent instruction.

The 2nd is Carol Cooper at Andrewsfield (inside the Stansted zone).

Both are top notch FIC instructors.

Good luck

Der absolute Hammer
14th Feb 2009, 17:44
If names are permitted here, what has happened to Bill Stitt? Is he still at Earls Colne?
Nothing but good rumours about Carol Cooper.

expedite08
14th Feb 2009, 18:08
Give Bournemouth a miss for the FI.

will fly for food 06
14th Feb 2009, 18:55
I would recommend the FI course at Goodwood. Run very well by two ex CFS instructors.

ewsd02
14th Feb 2009, 23:20
Most of the FI schools prefer to employ instructors they have trained themselves as they are already standardised, so if you can get on a course with a chance of a job at the end all the better. The FI jobs do seem to be drying up at the moment though.

As for Bournemouth, I wouldn't say avoid it as the course is excellent, the instructor is just one of those eccentrics in aviation with a slightly colourful instructing style.

EchoKiloEcho
15th Feb 2009, 10:18
Thanks ewsd02, I think that is a good idea. I think I need to see which school can offer me a FI job at the end, then at least I will be standardised.

Lurking123, what school at Denham? Cabair or The pilot centre at Denham?

Lurking123
15th Feb 2009, 10:33
I would pop across and have a conversation with Eva at TPC.

As I previously said, the vast majority are good (otherwise they wouldn't have the CAA seal of approval). Personally I think it is about how much you can learn from a particular teaching style and your personality. Someone previously mentioned CP at Halfpenny Green Flight Centre; again a very good reputation and a dedicated CFI (I wouldn't hesitate to use him) but he has a different style. Unusually for aviation, the manner in which you are taught to instruct can can have a direct effect on the manner in which you instruct.