PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to axe 200 jobs inc pilots and cc

TeddyRuxpin
12th Feb 2009, 11:09
Sky News reporting. Source: Sky News - First for breaking news - Latest news and video from the UK and around the world (http://www.sky.com/news)

200 to go from Bublin base

a797
12th Feb 2009, 11:15
That article isnt exactly headvy on details. I would assume any pilots not required in dublin would be moved to another base like the shannon pilots have been?

Cloud Bunny
12th Feb 2009, 11:17
:confused::confused: Whose going to fly the planes we have on order then?? How do you "expand during the downturn" by cutting the people you need to support the expansion? Not sure that they've got this correct. Perhaps a similar situation to SNN? Cutting aeroplanes and routes and the Crew moving to other bases.
Seems a bit drastic for company due to make 85 million profit for the year. God what happens if we were to make a loss? Would we all be shot?:eek:
I hope this is a sensational headline.

Capt Ted Crilly
12th Feb 2009, 11:29
the article says that there is going to be a reduction of 4 a/c 22 to 18. doesnt fr only have 18 a/c based in dublin for the winter and 22 for the summer???

seems like they are just not going to be as busy this summer as last??

job cuts, sensational headline giving the current economic landscape.

seems strange to be cutting jobs in dublin,when other bases have just gotten a payrise!!!!!

ICEHOUSES
12th Feb 2009, 11:43
And how many pilots couldnt be a*sed getting union recognition in the past..

HundredPercentPlease
12th Feb 2009, 11:46
Ryanair statement:

Ryanair.com - News : Ryanair Announces Flight & Job Cuts at Dublin Airport (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=09&month=feb&story=gen-en-120209)

Where you can read the usual professional tone:

Government’s crazy decision
DAA’s high costs and third rate facilities
Government’s idiotic €10 tourist tax
such idiotic taxes
awful facilities
the useless Irish Aviation Regulator

positive
12th Feb 2009, 11:51
Part of DAA statement below.

It is astounding that Ryanair is complaining about facilities at Dublin Airport, given that over the past ten years Ryanair has opposed every single development aimed at improving the passenger experience at Dublin Airport.
Airport charges at Dublin Airport are regulated and the Regulator has sanctioned some increases over the past three years after almost two decades during which charges fell significantly in real terms. During the same three-year period, according to recent independently verified figures, Ryanair’s own charges have exploded:

• Ryanair’s baggage check-in charge has increased by 600% since 2006
• The charge for using a credit card to book a Ryanair flight has increased by 285% since 2006
• The cost of changing a Ryanair flight booking has increased by 66% since 2006
• The cost of carrying sports equipment on a Ryanair flight has increased by 97% since 2006

adwjenk
12th Feb 2009, 11:56
IF pilot jobs are to be axed how about we STOP/SLOW down cadet recruitment, and move these guys and girls to bases where the cadets are planned to go. Look after our own guys and girls already through the door first?

bfisk
12th Feb 2009, 12:08
Well, the answer to that should be simple:

£.

:)

12th Feb 2009, 12:12
Well well.
Why would one be surprised by this?
"Taking over" Aer Lingus a few weeks ago..........Never likely
Where will the 47 a/c go now?
The start of the unravelling of aviation's Anglo Irish Bank?

Place your bets

The Real Slim Shady
12th Feb 2009, 12:19
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say the posts will be axed.

The staff will be redeployed around the other bases.

CamelhAir
12th Feb 2009, 12:25
How do you "expand during the downturn"

You don't. So how do you deal with new aircraft arriving weekly?
It's all unravelling for micko.
How best to disguise an enormous loss announcement? Talk crap about ordering 400 aircraft, despite rapidly scaling back the existing schedule. Unfortunately Airbus didn't read the script so Mickos planned bidding war didn't get started. Not that he wants/needs/can afford the aircraft but a bidding war would distract nicely from the very real financial problems ryanair face.
What will the next invented distraction be?

Day_Dreamer
12th Feb 2009, 12:36
It says Jobs to go
Not people to be made redundant !!

Well RYR have always been the masters of the Press Statement.
Read between the lines and we may find that Pilots may be redeployed and Cabin Crew offered a change of base.
Same could be said for the Engineers.

Good point on only operating 18 aircraft ex DUB this winter.
This might mean that there were extra jobs available for the high season which are not there now.

I hear that Pilot Cadet courses are full until June, and that there is a shortage of Captains for the summer so !!!!

There may well be people who are not prepared to move from DUB, but in the current economic climate any job is better than none.

Good luck out there.

Camelhair my god you crawled out from under your stone again, slither back you sound like an old worn out record stuck in a groove.

leeds 65
12th Feb 2009, 12:38
I think everyone is losing the run of themselves here

The '200 jobs gone' = are not gone

They will be 'MOVED' to other bases

However most people on here believe everything they read about

camel = who doesnt face financial crisis?BA luck sick,virgin announced 600 jobs to be 'GONE' = real 'GONE' not 'MOVED', BMI are a mess,Aer Fungus are half full to NYC,Air France losing 200mil,alitalia no comment

look around you

Typical ryr bashing to the usual drum beat = boring

BelArgUSA
12th Feb 2009, 12:39
Did you dreaming-wannabees really believed Ryanair to hire 2,000 fATPL with 250 hrs...?
With THIS economic situation...?
This is merely the "first step" for the "beginning of the end"...
So. do not waste your time reading the forum about "Ryanair assessments"...
xxx
Other carriers will follow, especially the other LoCos of the list.
The first people that will stop flying are that kind of passengers.
Name them the "rich and famous" with cardboard baggage.
For 2009, their plans will change for driving the car, or take the train.
And long range plans for 2010 might be similar.
xxx
Many openings for flipping burgers at McDonald's... No fATPL required.
:{
Happy contrails

g1344304
12th Feb 2009, 12:50
source: International Herald Tribune:

Budget airline Ryanair on Thursday threatened to lay off 200 employees if the Irish government imposes a new tax on outbound flights from Ireland's airports next month.
The carrier said traffic through Dublin Airport, the nation's busiest, was down 9 percent compared to last year, and said it believed that decline would "accelerate on 30th March next when the Irish government's idiotic €10 ($12.80) tourist tax is introduced."
Ryanair said it was prepared to cut the number of aircraft based in Dublin from 22 to 18.
"These cuts can and will be reversed if the government's suicidal €10 tourism tax is reversed on or before 30th March," said Michael O'Leary, the airline's chief executive.
"This travel tax has already failed in the UK and Dutch markets, where they caused traffic declines and sadly the Irish government's tourist tax is doomed to a similar failure. This government must realize you can only promote tourism by welcoming visitors, not taxing them," O'Leary added.

a797
12th Feb 2009, 13:38
For 2009, their plans will change for driving the car, or take the train.

BelArg: You're obviously not familiar with the train system in Ireland - its cheaper to fly from dublin to london with Ryanair, than it is to get a train from say, dublin to Waterford or Cork. The Irish governement has to keep the prices up to pay off our overpaid, underworked unionised-to-the-teeth civil servant train drivers.

Just sayin' :p

leeds 65
12th Feb 2009, 14:08
What sounds like a 'better' newspaper headline :

200 jobs 'AXED'

or

200 jobs 'MOVED'

People love bad news,thats why the front pages are full of rapists and murderers and the back pages are confined to '25 jobs created at pig factory' - well woopty doooo

BelArgUSA
12th Feb 2009, 14:21
a797 -
xxx
Well, I dont expect an Irish train to ride the tracks across the Irish Sea...
And to arrive to Waterloo Station in London...
Just the Irish tracks gage, would be a problem, is it...?
Maybe we could send Argentina trains on your tracks to Cork.
xxx
:}
Happy contrails

ROSCO328
12th Feb 2009, 14:29
For what it is worth I work for a rival orange Loco and yes Ryan are our main compition, however I hope this info to be just a rumour as anyone losing their jobs in the current enviroment is a sad thought. Best of luck guys/gals :ok:

oneinthemirror
12th Feb 2009, 14:29
Choo-choo...!
a797 -
xxx
Well, I dont expect an Irish train to ride the tracks across the Irish Sea...
And to arrive to Waterloo Station in London...
Just the Irish tracks gage, would be a problem, is it...?
Maybe we could send Argentina trains on your tracks to Cork.
xxx
http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif
Happy contrails

yeah cos thats exactly the point he was making, nail on the head there mate:rolleyes:

The Real Slim Shady
12th Feb 2009, 15:48
It doesn't actually matter whether you call the company Ryanair or M Mouse Airlines or Virgin or BA.

Every job directly created has a kick effect: if MOL pays his pilots €1 a month and his cabin crew €0.50 a month that is €1.5 in to the economy: 85% of that will go on living. So €11.28 is spread around.

Of that 85% will be spent etc etc.

200 jobs will create, indirectly 170 jobs which, in turn, will create 144 jobs etc etc.

the grim repa
12th Feb 2009, 15:56
"we will create 1000 jobs and provide value for money to the customer,just hand aer lingus over to us and we'll revolutionise aviation in ireland".what a load of lies and bluster that has proven to have been.

looks like ryanair did need aer lingus MUCH MUCH more than aer lingus needed ryanair.

lies,spin and booll****.i suppose any minute we will have the bold ducksy on here in the guise of the camel,telling us how pulling off routes,closing bases,losing money by the bucket,getting told to f off by airbus,sacking staff and widespread pay and holiday cuts(oh,nearly forgot the management pay freeze,wink,wink.),is to be construed as a great success story,how grateful we should be to mick the mad mullingar mullah and how we should have given aer lingus to ryanair.

interesting to see that the routes being closed down are those served well by aer lingus,looks like ryanair just CANNOT COMPETE,without massive subsidies when push comes to shove.

OFSO
12th Feb 2009, 15:57
BelArgUSA says For 2009, their plans will change for driving the car, or take the train.

You're obviously not familiar with Europe....oh sorry, USA. Right.

The Real Slim Shady
12th Feb 2009, 16:09
REPA

MOL has ZERO interest in EI as a business enterprise.

EI controls the Irish union, IALPA: if MOL controls EI he has IALPA by the short and curlies.

Now do you understand??

PC767
12th Feb 2009, 16:11
Quick interlude. Dublin-Cork on the intercity train, booked 1 day before travel was 20euro. No surcharges for bags, check-in or payment method. Within Ireland you cannot argue with those prices.

oneinthemirror
12th Feb 2009, 16:18
Dublin-Cork on the intercity train, booked 1 day before travel was 20euro

you do have to accept that is a very limited one-way only special offer, and a normal return fare on the dublin-cork line is approaching 70 euro now. i have on a number of occasions gotten return flights cork-dublin for around 50, everything included. even got a smile from one of the cabin crew too...

Andy_S
12th Feb 2009, 16:21
BelArgUSA says For 2009, their plans will change for driving the car, or take the train.

You're obviously not familiar with Europe....oh sorry, USA. Right.

I think you might find the 'Bel' has a significance closer to home......

suasdaguna
12th Feb 2009, 16:23
i agree with O'Leary re the govt tax. Believe me every penny counts these days and this is certainly not the time to introduce another tax when the general flying public are on their hands and knees. The impact of this tax will not even burst a pimple on the govts bum of debt.

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
12th Feb 2009, 16:25
suas, it will impact on the stag and hen parties who will choose Prague / Amsterdam / Berlin / Newcastle over Dublin.

nuageblanc
12th Feb 2009, 16:27
How do you move 200 jobs to other bases that are not expanding ??
Ryanair will just fire 200 people and that's it. :yuk:

a797
12th Feb 2009, 16:28
Going way off topic here, but anyway a return train from dub to cork costs 70 euros. You can fly from Dublin to somewhere cool and interesting in europe for the same price and cheaper. Somewhere in Europe where the cost of living is alot cheaper than cork ie. cheaper accommodation/food etc. oh and the girls are alot hotter than those fatties down in cork :}

If you were to offer me a trip to rainy, crappy cork (no offence to anyone from cork :E) or somewhere in europe, taking into account the train takes around 5 hours and is more expensive than the flight to europe which shouldnt take more than 2, for a weekend.....well i wouldnt choose cork thats for sure.

JW411
12th Feb 2009, 16:29
Isn't it interesting that the Grinning Pullover is thinking about getting rid of 600 employees and that thread has so far only elicited 2 replies.

MOL talks about getting shot of 200 employees and here we are almost on the third page, most of it being generated by all the usual hysterics pumping out the usual uninformed bilge.

It really is awfully tiresome.

zerotohero
12th Feb 2009, 16:42
You know what,, its getting depressing on here!

heres my plan, call me selfish but thinking delete PPRUNE from my favorites, check my Rosta and fly when asked and go in sim when asked, come home, bank my 10% reserve in my savings account and bury my head in the sand.

Bored bored bored or anti Ryanair threads weather there true or not it always goes the same way on them, doom and gloom!

when Ryanair go bust if they eventuly do ill see you down the dole office and ill wear a t-shirt saying "THEY TOLD ME SO" on the front.

frnikolai
12th Feb 2009, 16:58
I don't think Ryanair are going bust - but certainly the Irish government needs to change it's ways otherwise the amount of tourism is going to sharply decline.

Nikolai.

BelArgUSA
12th Feb 2009, 17:01
It is as depressing to me as it is to all of you...
I am not a "troll"...
But what I fail to understand, is see many of you thinking all is still ok...
And seeing many of you saying "that all will be rosy" in 3 months.
xxx
My only difference with you guys... I know this industry since 40 years ago.
I have never seen airlines getting to such a low point.
It will affect everyone, worldwide, and all air carriers.
xxx
:(
Happy contrails - if you can...

leeds 65
12th Feb 2009, 17:03
Is there anybody on here that can confirm if these jobs are AXED OR TRANSFERED to other bases, before we get are knickers in a twist?????????????????????????????????????????????????

suasdaguna
12th Feb 2009, 17:11
the introduction of a govt tax on travellers is just infantile in the grande scheme of things. So I applaud O'L mouthing off again. Yes it's to his benefit big time if the tax is not introduced but on a macro scale its a ridiculous tax during these hard hard times. What we need now is incentives not disincentives .

zerosum69
12th Feb 2009, 17:30
this rubbish discussion is typical pprune these days, its a complete waste of space at the moment. attracts the people with an axe to grind, all bleating about the greater good or it aint like it used to be or showing phoney support for everyone else’s problems.

Lets all just look after number one for the next two years and be honest about it rather than being two faced or worse still, $%1£ stirring. Out.

12th Feb 2009, 17:52
As a Dublin based Ryanair pilot I can make the following observations,

I don't think Ryanair even have 200 pilots, cabin crew or engineers of their own in Dublin. Most of the pilots are Brookfield contractors, the cabin crew are mostly Crewlink contractors and I presume engineering is similar.

Most of the contract pilots commute to Dublin from other parts of europe and return home on their last working day each week. So a change of base would be no big deal for most.

The cabin crew are mostly young, single, non irish and and living in rented accomodation in Dublin and therefore have no great ties with Dublin. They can move on just as they moved to Dublin.

Dublin is an engineering base so aircraft will still be maintained in Dublin, therefore engineers will still be needed.

Todays announcement was classic Ryanair spin. Lets announce the axing of 200 jobs that don't exist, blame the government that wouldn't give us Aer Lingus and deflect the sh*t from the real issues (fuel hedging, losses and management incompetence).

While all this is going on DOB, EW and co. are travelling around Europe meeting pilots and threatening all kinds of retribution for management :mad: ups.

regards

p.s they're travelling around to these meetings on an empty 737 with a full crew for just three special pax!!!

smith
12th Feb 2009, 18:07
p.s they're travelling around to these meetings on an empty 737 with a full crew for just three special pax!!!

Yes MOL and co were at PIK yesterday on his "private" 737, there were 4 pax on board in total. I suppose if they were using an FR call sign or flight number they were exempt from landing charges. Probably more expensive to travel round all the bases on a rented private jet than on one of their own.

12th Feb 2009, 20:18
just watched de pikey on TV3
737 post#41 is bout as close as it gets to whats going on in reality

Classic. Everyone else's fault

Sell Sell Sell and do it quickly before the music stops!

Sober Lark
12th Feb 2009, 20:42
Telling recession depressed passengers they will have to pay a €30 fine at the gate if they try to carry on a bag of duty free is enough to frighten away 2 million of them anyway.

potkettleblack
13th Feb 2009, 10:09
And if the Irish government were in any doubt as to MOL's true feelings towards them or what he had in store once he got his dirty little hands on Aer Lingus then he has certainly let the cat out of the hat. His charm offensive could only hold out for so long and now he has shown his true colours again. Blaming this that and everyone else. They are falling on deaf ears. Pull out of Dublin if you like Micko just like you did at SNN and see who cares. There will be someone who will gladly fill the void and can do business in a professional manner.

oneinthemirror
13th Feb 2009, 11:50
The travelling public here haven't really kicked up a fuss about this new tax

neither have the public really kicked up a fuss about the fact that there are 2000 people a week signing on the dole in a country of only 4 million.

neither have they kicked up a fuss that special needs teachers are being hit with cutbacks while the 'top' bankers that helped destroy this country are still being paid bonuses, because not doing so 'would be a breach of contract on behalf of the bank':ugh:

neither have they kicked up too much of a fuss about the fact that the government are still insisting that the way out of this is to dig - down.

i think the above quote says less about the stupidity of introducing that tourist tax than it does about the stupidity, ignorance and blind docility of the irish sheep, i mean people.

but can you imagine what would happen if they introduced a 10 euro 'going to the pub' tax? blood in the streets...

positive
13th Feb 2009, 12:03
This just proves how important it was that Ryanair did not get control of Aer Lingus and Dublin Airport as well.Unlike Shannon Dublin has different carriers who would fill the gap left by Ryanair.Lets see what routes they pull or reduce on,normally when Ryanair are fighting with an airport they are very keen to show what routes they are going to pull but in this case they are only showing Barcelona 21 - 14,Leeds 19 - 13,Manchester 30 - 23

Seems strange!!!!!!!

babemagnet
13th Feb 2009, 15:58
The managment of Ryanair flew to 4 bases to have pay talks! But now it comes : THEY FLEW TO THESE 4 BASES WITH A RYANAIRS OWN BOEING 737 WITH ONLY 3 MANAGMENT PEOPLE IN IT!!! Route of flight was DUB-NRN-BRE-NYO-ALC

Who is wasting money here??????

13th Feb 2009, 17:24
Nero fiddling while Rome burns?

tonyryan
13th Feb 2009, 21:47
It really is the perfect storm for airlines like Ryanair which have committed themselves to large aircraft orders and never considered what would happen if things were to stagnate. Reducing the number of aircraft operating out of bases and closing other bases, one can only wonder what his options are regarding aircraft utilisation.

I'm sure Micko counted on Alitalia going under so he could use 40 or so of his new aircraft there, but that didn't happen.

And neither did he get Aer Lingus - getting them to offload half the A320 fleet back to the lessors and the rest up for sale. No doubt they would have had to buy his 737s at greatly inflated prices that would see Ryanair make huge profits and turn Aer Lingus into an outfit that could never make a profit and subsequently go bust.

Nice try Micko - your subsidies are running out, passengers are not flying, and you have a lot of shiny new airplanes parked up.

Blame everyone else, the government, the passengers, the pilots, but not the anally retentive arrogant and abusive managers that have been believing their own mantra for a little too long now.

CamelhAir
13th Feb 2009, 22:33
Third rate airport facitlitities says micko? Third rate because every improvment was challengened by micko. It's delicious irony that mickos downfall is due to his own b*****. BelArgUSA talks sense, history always repeats itself, this has happened before and will happen again. Stupid gob$hite management will always screw up eventually. Finally it happens with ryanair. God help the crew but the game is up. Thankfully I have the rainy day fund. I hope to God those everyone listened to the factualists and had same.
And BTW, spare me the "Camel is a doom merchant BS". The truth always trumps rosehinted 500hr wonder BS.

Reluctant737
13th Feb 2009, 23:57
Sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here? A good mate of mine based at DUB (flight crew) has already received correspondence regarding being transferred to a different base, so this isn't really an axeing, more a perfectly normal procedure relating to the requirements of a business.

Come on guys, you all signed the contract (as crappy as it is) did you not?

I find it difficult to believe that anybody managed to get all the way through flight training without being told that being an airline pilot is not docile on family life...?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it, oh no, but it's a bed to sleep in during a nasty storm :ok:

HundredPercentPlease
14th Feb 2009, 07:51
Reluctant,

You miss the point (slightly). The interest here is not so much on the plight of some pilots who have a mandatory base transfer. What we have here are the first cracks appearing on a business whose model requires growth. The bullying arrogance of the senior management towards employee, customer and airport relies on a position of power (from the promise of growth).

As soon as the growth stops, or even reverses, then many are interested to see how the tide will turn. All that past arrogance may just have been a poor tactic as the pressure mounts from the customers, airports, airframers and possibly (but I doubt it) the workforce.

FR is an important player in the gutter end of the market. Lots are interested to see "what happens next". Other ruthless and arrogant managers have suffered horribly in recessions. Let's see what happens to FR.

Nocti
14th Feb 2009, 08:06
Mmmm...........

O'Leary was spouting on a few weeks ago about creating "1000 jobs at Aer lingus" in Dublin if he took ownership. The lying ****, the truth is now out. If he got Aer Lingus he would have pulled them off all competing routes and allowed them go to ruin.

I don't wish any pilot in FR any misfortune - I've many friends there, both past and present. Through recklessness, greed and arrogance MOL has compromised the future for many of these pilots. Hopefully he will get the shareholders vote of no confidence, soon.

Gold Rivet
14th Feb 2009, 13:44
Actually what O'Leary said was 1,000 NEW jobs.

That sounds even better, doesn't it!

But I have it on very good authority that his promise of 1,000 jobs was queried by the large shareholders, and he told them "Yes, I will create 1,000 new jobs - after I fire 2,000 old ones".

His promise to 'respect the Unions' was also queried.
To this he responded - "I will respect the unions, until the takeover phase is completed. Then they are out of here".

Everything the guy says is spin. You need to double think him every time.

By the way, he didn't beat around the bush when those questions were asked in private meetings. He was quite bare faced and forthright.

The Real Slim Shady
14th Feb 2009, 16:03
I refer my honourable friends to post #26

Nocti
14th Feb 2009, 20:52
What's the odds that the 737 flying around Europe with three passengers will not be included in either the quarterly or end of year figures when it comes to load factors?

Sorry Micko, but methinks the world has woken up to you.

Sober Lark
14th Feb 2009, 21:18
70 million choose to fly with him. Many thousand choose to earn their living from him, and a few here just ask us to waste our time watching them pissing into the wind.

BigT2207
15th Feb 2009, 20:59
Did you know that you can get a train from anywhere in the UK to Dublin.

A fare 1 way from London to Dublin from around £30
Ok so the trip is over 8 hours but you are not charged extra for baggage
No Visa charge on top

ara01jbb
16th Feb 2009, 08:00
No Visa charge on top

There is if you use thetrainline.com - I think they've been watching FR for a while with envy, and now charge debit / credit card fees and delivery / collection fees (regardless of whether you get your train tickets from a machine at the station or in the post).

Unlike Ryanair of course, you can just buy the same tickets for the same service without any service or delivery charge from a competitor's website :ok:

a797
16th Feb 2009, 10:59
Ok so the trip is over 8 hours

Stop right there that will be all thanks.

bia botal
16th Feb 2009, 11:44
Oh my god what a sad bunch of saps, harping on about some senior managers flying around in a company aircraft just to tell everyone they still have a job!

Time for a reality check here people. behaps one should consider the differculty in getting to all the bases on the network, how many days it would take, nights in hotels etc, for example just getting from reus to girona to marseille would take days instead of 30 min. So a task that took a few days would take weeks, thus taking 3 senior managers out of the system when they are most needed. No doubt some of you would suggest that they are not managers a$£eholes, but i would say that the good folk at SAS, Sterling, SRtechnic, XL, Zoom,Flightline etc etc would not agree with you.

Being dublin based i must admit i hit the panic button last friday, but 2 phones calls later was imformed that they would be no lay offs, ok so i won't be getting a payrise this year and have to pay for a hotel twice a year and there will be a change to the roster pattern to suit a busy summer and quite winter period, isn't that just common sence.

Consider this for i have. i have several friends, colleague's who would kill to work for ryr right now. One 53 y.o. ex md80 captain no job, no job prospects. one 45 y.o. ex emb 145 captain no job, no job prospects. two 747 captains, manchester based with cathey told back to hong kong or F%&k off, one 54 y.o. a320 captain, no job, no job prospects, one 43 y.o. ag-pilot no job, no job prospects.One of these gentleman is currently living with me, and to see the pain he goes through each day to find a job with no luck is bloody depressing.
Ryanair suddenly don't look so bad, or am i missing something here.:ugh:

Seat62K
16th Feb 2009, 18:48
BigT2207:

Train, one way London-Dublin, from £30 (no credit card/baggage charges)

Ryanair, one way London-Dublin, from £0.01 (£19.01 including credit card/first bag/airport check in charges).