PDA

View Full Version : SAA dropping one of its LHR ---JNB services

aintboeingaintgoing
12th Feb 2009, 09:25
Just been looking on the SAA website and it seems that it has cancelled one of the LHR -JNB services from 2 a day to just the late flight using the 340-600...... Anyone have any more info on this? If this is the case is this just for the quieter months......:confused:

Gaius Westman
12th Feb 2009, 10:12
Would you tell them to leave some fun long haul roster destinations for me when I get there??? This sucks, there are like a million South Africans living in the London area, I don't know how they can't make two dailies work and then cut it back to one.

grjplanes
12th Feb 2009, 10:16
They have last week announced selected flights on selected dates to be cancelled between now and end June, so it is basically maybe 1 or 2 days in a week that the JNB-LHR route will only get 1 flight, but most days are still 2 daily. They cancelled certain flights on JNB-MUC, JNB-JFK, JNB-IAD as well on different days in different weeks. The only real drop and cancellation is JNB-FRA which is reduced back to 7 weekly, from 9 or 10.

evanb
12th Feb 2009, 13:59
Low season combined with a slow global economy is a good time to schedule heavy maintenance!

PAXboy
12th Feb 2009, 22:27
Agreed that you want to schedule some maintenance, particularly if they then might last all the way through to 2010 (I don't know the intervals) but ALL carriers are going to be doing this as the recession gets worse.

When RyanAir did this earlier in the week - they simply blamed everybody else but it's the new reality.