PDA

View Full Version : Isles of Scilly Skybus

flyingmutant
11th Feb 2009, 17:38
Really can't find much info about this lot except they are still going - their website is really only passenger orientated

Anyone know if Richard Ashby is still the chief pilot?

cornishsimon
11th Feb 2009, 22:14
Isles of Scilly Skybus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isles_of_Scilly_Skybus)

this seems quite upto date

STOL
26th Feb 2009, 23:33
flyingmutant,

Richard Ashby is still Chief Pilot, As stated correctly on Wikipedia fleet consists of 3 x DHC6 Otters & 3 x BN2 Islanders. Same routes as last year except Newquay - Cardiff has been dropped.

Understand now fully crewed for the season

Cloud1
27th Feb 2009, 16:14
I don't think NQY-CWL will ever really be a success if I am honest. I love the look of the tiny DH6 although probably not inclined to want to travel on one - thats another story.

caaardiff
27th Feb 2009, 17:14
When WOW operated NQY-CWL-MAN, they carried loads to NQY that would be sufficient for IOS.
Problem with IOS is that there was hardly any advertising that they had restarted the route.
They were planning to go double daily this summer, then pulled the plug completely.

mathers_wales_uk
27th Feb 2009, 17:25
I believe the demand would be there but with the correct airline and advertisment it could be successful.

Problem is the flights wasn't reliable with numerous cancellations e.t.c. and i don't think skybus would want to risk it again with the current ecenomic conditions. They may re-consider the route once the economy starts to recover.