PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.0.6 update

Cheerio
11th Feb 2009, 08:29
Has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in performance since applying this update? Since updating yesterday, it is very slow to load pages, for example 20 seconds between clicking on and displaying a page......

It isn't a nework speed problem as IE is still working normally.

srobarts
11th Feb 2009, 10:01
Have you tried restarting firefox? I have noticed that if my PC goes into standby when I return and wake it up it existing firefox sessions sometimes run slowly and are back to normal after a restart.

amanoffewwords
11th Feb 2009, 11:00
Works perfectly well for me both at home & at work. Could be a conflict with an add-on perhaps?

call100
11th Feb 2009, 12:44
Has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in performance since applying this update?
No. All working fine here....:ok:

Hobgoblin
11th Feb 2009, 12:57
I've been using Firefox for ages now and have always loved it. My laptop is starting to get a little old now and starting to struggle with RAM. (I've upgraded to 2GB which is as good as it gets on this model) Firefox seems to use a bit more resources these days and does seem a bit slower and more buggy than what it used to be. I tried Minefield and while it's quite fast it's also quite buggy (it would be seeing as it's basically an Alpha release), I also tried Chrome from Google for about 3 seconds. Don't like it.

Finally I tried Opera 9. Uses next to no resources (realistically about 1/3 of what Firefox uses) and is blisteringly fast. For now I'll stick with Opera until Firefox improves.

The other thing that I liked about Opera is the little analog clock a la Vista that you can have as an add-on, very handy for an XP machine.

Cheerio
11th Feb 2009, 13:22
OK, thanks for the feedback, I'll try disabling add-ons and work up from there.

dazdaz
11th Feb 2009, 14:40
Updated yesterday to 3.0.6 Desk top is a HP pavilion with 256 DDR (no add-ons) seems to be working just fine. Haven't notice any speed loss from the previous update..