PDA

View Full Version : US FAA Rated Mech Looking for Overseas Work

yukonbrown
20th Nov 2008, 18:55
I'm in search of Bell 212's operating outside of the USA. I'm a FAA mech. looking to go overseas. Please list which companies are operating and locations.

thanks

N707ZS
20th Nov 2008, 19:54
Quite a few in Spain but can you speak Spanish.
If you search the net under Helicsa, Helimar, Helisureste, FAASA and possibly Tragsa. Between them they operate about 50 212s.

technoprat
21st Nov 2008, 02:22
Bear in mind that your FAA A&P licence will not be recognised in many parts of the world, especialy Europe, where they operate under EASA regulations.

However you can still find work, but will be paid a lower rate as you will not be able to sign off jobs.

If you're interested in working in the Middle East try googleing the following.
Abu Dhabi Aviation, Aerogulf & Gulf Helicopters.

Just because I'm mentioning their names doesnt mean theyre nice people to work for.

newfieboy
21st Nov 2008, 14:44
Lots of 212's in Canada, along with 205 and 204. Some operators work them on international. Canadian Helicopters were looking for crews for 212 contract they are/were bidding on in Afganistan. Maybe they need enigineers also. From Aeroads-

Bell 212 Pilots (Afghanistan) CANADIAN HELICOPTERS LIMITED has bid on a contract to provide VFR Bell 212's to the Department of Defense of the United States. Upon a successful contract award, these helicopters will be deployed to Afghanistan, providing the transport of supplies, U.S. Mail and passengers from a base of operations to Forward Operating Bases throughout the country. Other details include:28 days on-28 off rotation, attactive salary and annual bonus. Therefore we are now accepting resumes from qualified individuals to determine the level of interest for these positions. QUALIFICATIONS:Current Canadian Commercial Pilot License, Bell 212 endorsement & experience, current mountain experience. WE THANK ALL INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS FOR THEIR APPLICATION, HOWEVER ONLY SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR EMPLOYMENT. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE

murdock
22nd Nov 2008, 16:14
Same as what technoprat said, for Canada you will have to pass your Canadian exams to work on the heli's. I doubt they will send you away on contracts on a 212, if you cant sign anything off on them. Canadian Helicopters, predominantly only get licensed engineers to work on their 212's.

xtremalsound
22nd Nov 2008, 18:16
Faasa operates in spain some bell 212/412 with amercian remarks, they have rented these helicopteros to era. here you have his website. Grupo Empresarial. Aeronáutica.Aviones, Helicópteros. Escuela de pilotos.Innovación.Aerotaxi (http://www.faasa.org)

Good luck!

yukonbrown
10th Feb 2009, 23:02
How does one with a FAA Rating get a job overseas? Can someone shed some light on how can one with an FAA rating get hired overseas. I have 16 years on Bell 212 and Bell lights. I'm looking for a company that will pay my travel back to the US during the rotation schedule. Tried Saudi Aramco but their schedule was to long to be away from my family.

thanks