PDA

View Full Version : North East Air Support Unit Bash

Up North
10th Feb 2009, 17:19
North East Air Support Unit Bash

You may or may not be aware but as at midnight 31 March 2009 the consortium, that is NEASU, will be disbanded. Cleveland will be going alone and Northumbria and Durham will become NEASU. (again)

It would be remiss to allow this occasion go unmarked so we propose to have a bash to celebrate the good, the bad and the ugly times.

We are having the bash in Durham City on Thursday 2 April 2009. Any Pilot, or engineer that has ever flown or worked for NEASU would be made more than welcome. You may even blag some free beer!

For further details please PM me.:ok:

bobjob
12th Feb 2009, 10:36
Does the invitation extend to retired Police Air Observers who served on NEASU??

20Minuter
13th Feb 2009, 08:03
Bobjob - I can see where your coming from, but I bet the answer will be yes.

DOUBLE BOGEY
13th Feb 2009, 09:52
Does the invitation extend to Ex PAS Northumbria ASU (93-97) Pilots. From the bad old days where we chased cars all night long and still had enough time for a "Ruby" at the end, making just enough money to buy a row of terranced houses in North Shields and still have enough left over for a slap up meal at Misses Miggins Pie Shop!!!

I would love to catch up with all the guys (Robbo and his "Elephants Lugs" Naan Breads at the Big Market).

Great days (and Nights) catching "scrotes" in PAS-EFFFF.

Anyone who remembers the "Eat Sh*T & Die M***R-F***r" refrain will know me well!!!

O'h and my very first shift when the helicopter "Fell" off the trolley on the way back to the Burman Hangar.

Up North
13th Feb 2009, 10:26
Bobjob, yes of course you would be welcome. The ex observers are being sought out through contacts and cop internets I dont know who you are, but I suspect that I have your name already. If you wish to PM me I will send you all the details.

And Double Bogey; yes we would be delighted to have any ex pilots along, Robbo however wont be there as he is visiting the other side of our planet (no not Pennywell, New Zealand) Again if you PM me I will foreward the details. You were before my time but all those tales you recall are written into NEASU folklore. You are a legend (in your own mind ;)), thats what Mack Seed said anyway.

Up North