PDA

View Full Version : Help with obtaining BAA Access To Restricted Zones Pass?

WishesToFly
10th Feb 2009, 13:27
Is there anyone here who can help clarify some BAA restricted zone pass issues?

As you may well know that to obtain a BAA restricted zone pass you need a CRB check and a 5 year checkable history. All is fine apart from 1 issue;

A large chunk of my 5 year history was doing some IT training owned by private company that has now gone into administration, i'm afraid that the ID centre or referency checking agency wont be able to contact them for a reference?

Does this mean that i wont be applicable for the pass as i know that the terms and conditions are strict.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

Thankyou.

bingo 21
10th Feb 2009, 13:46
you should be able to self certificate any gaps, call them on 01279 662500 to confirm

WishesToFly
10th Feb 2009, 14:00
Thanks Bingo,

I guess i will call them when my application goes through, just that i really need the pass to be able to work.

Thanks!

WishesToFly
10th Feb 2009, 14:37
Can i jus ask?

Is 5 years (for the 5 year checkable history) Jan - Dec or is it 5 years from the date you apply for the pass?

Thanks

Capt Wannabe
10th Feb 2009, 16:17
It goes back 5 years from the date you apply.

For any periods where it is not possible to get an employer reference then a 'gap' reference can be completed by a person who knew you throughout the period. However - this person cannot be a BAA pass holder or a relative.

Alternatively, if you were employed 'above-board', you can contact your local tax office for a copy of your record of employment.

Wikstroem
13th Feb 2009, 17:36
You would be able to nominate someone as a referee for this unaccountable period, however, it can't be relative or your family doctor. He (or she) will be contacted at some point later to vouch for you and verify your status. BAA ID staff are extremely helpful and pleasant (I visited them today at Gatwick) and couldn't praise them enough (at least in Gatwick they are).