PDA

View Full Version : PTC Distance Learning

Flex_Thrust
10th Feb 2009, 10:11
Considering the DL package from PTC.
Has anyone got any experience of it - or heard much about it?
[I note another PTC thread disappeared yesterday!]

gap
10th Feb 2009, 12:11
Hi Newkid,

I heard the notes are good but the revision course before the exams is not great. I did mine with Bristol and on my brush up we had PTC students paying for the bristol revision course on its own because they were so disappointed with PTC's revision course. That was 2007 it may have changed now.???

a797
10th Feb 2009, 15:17
It's a total disaster. Your 'mid terms' and 'consolidation weeks' are taught by 200 hr students who ptc have tied up on some kind of cheap work/licence conversion deal. These instructors are clueless. Funny story - one time i was doing an atpl subject and during the consolidtation week was being "taught" by one of these "instructors". When i was sitting the IAA exam in Dublin i ended up sitting accross from that particular "instructor", ie. the person who was teaching me hadnt even done the exam themself. And guess what, i managed to pass the exam thanks 100% to the study i did in my own time - while that "instructor" failed.

What a joke.

Go somewhere else.

gap
10th Feb 2009, 16:57
Sounds like not much has changed then. I'd recommend Bristol. They have great instructors and a very high pass rate. :ok:

Flex_Thrust
11th Feb 2009, 09:14
Thanks guys, sounds like food for thought. Guess a lo of DL depends on what you put into it yourself.
I was wondering is there anyone out there whos doing it at the moment?