PDA

View Full Version : Indian aviation scene....

Schumi - Red Baron
10th Feb 2009, 05:51
I am a newbie here and don't know much about aviation. Just wanted to ask how's the job market for pilots in india. One experienced pilot of a major indian airline told that there aren't jobs available for the fixed wing pilots atleast for next 2-3 years as there is no company looking for induction.

And are jobs available for helicopter pilots. And how to search for the jobs. I know that atleast 70% of aviation jobs in indian helicopter industry are not advertised.

Thanks in advance..

Sky Dancer
10th Feb 2009, 11:14
If you have the money get both a CPL and a CHPL and see where you can fit it.best of luck.:ok:

bad_attitude
10th Feb 2009, 12:01
2nd That! :ok::ok::ok:

Arcane
10th Feb 2009, 14:21
It really does depend. A few airlines(Indigo, AI Express etc) are hiring type rated CPL-holders. However, if you're waiting for non-typed jobs to open up, it may take anywhere between 1-1.5 years.

IIRC, to add that (H) to your CPL, you need 50 PIC hours on helicopters in addition to the normal exp requirements. The issue is whether an operator would be willing to take you on with only those many hours. Frankly, I'm not really sure about that. I'll wait for someone who knows a little more to comment.