PDA

View Full Version : MCM

jimmythegong
9th Feb 2009, 09:59
What is it about our beloved C.A.A. That every decision they make has to be either a knee - jerk reaction, or an ill thought out solution to a bigger problem?
We have just laid ot over R7,000 for the privilege of having our role in aviation reduced to that of gatekeeper. This is the cost of having a specific document drawn in order to satisfy their demand for more control of the industry.I am not against any safety initiative,irrespective of who proposes it, other than it should be workable. Why could they have not simply come up with a standard format, which would appear on their website, as easy as that, rather than entangle the industry in a free - for - all of contracts which are appearing thick and fast from numerous service providers at great cost to all concerned?
We are expected to monitor and audit any AMO which may work on any of the aircraft on our license, conveniently relieving said C.A.A. of any further responsibility or onus to themselves. I belive there are approximately 50 charter companies who are objecting to this new move, and may be taking some kind of legal action (If you can still do that with any hope of the matter ever seeing the light of day in our overstrained, understaffed courts ) I would be interested to get a general feeling of operators out there about this matter.

Petrovsky
10th Feb 2009, 03:44
There was a template in existence 2 years or so ago, and I'm sure it still exists- Just ask for it from your hopefully friendly CAA AW inspector.... R7000, cheap compared to overseas counterparts where the same figure in USD would be very cheap...

Jangys
12th Feb 2009, 09:38
I would have done it for you for R3500.00.

LJP
12th Feb 2009, 18:38
Sadly, they cut down trees for that crap to be printed on.