PDA

View Full Version : moving to macau

atila_101
8th Feb 2009, 13:44
Hi there folks

soon i´llbe moving into Macau and i´ve been doing some research in the forum regarding accomodation and transportation but could not find anything, so here is the question...

-what would be the best place for a single expat to move in Macau in terms of close to ammenities (malls, pools, clubs, gym and so on) and how much would an appartment cost (let´s say something more like western style)...??

-any chance to find someting decent close to the airport??

-would you guys get a car to go to the airport or wouls you use public transport? is a car really a need in Macau? and if so where could you get one at a good price?

-does any of you guys have an idea of any webpage where to find further info regarding rentals or leasings for both appartments and cars in Macao??

well thanks a lot for your help folks, happy landings.

Arrowhead
14th Feb 2009, 00:17
Moving from Iceland? Woah. Its a bit hotter here.

Most pilots are in Taipa. I suggest you start in a hotel, and come and have a look round. Air Macau will put you in The Grandview, which is convenient and cheap. There are plenty of estate agents here (Midland and Centaline the biggest), and prices are coming down - so better to wait until you get here.
2 bed appartment now about HK$6000/mth.

Everywhere is "close" to the airport, and Taipa is 3 mins by cab. Getting a car is easy. Are you coming to NX, Viva, Jet Asia, or HeliExpress? Most guys get one after a few months. Cabs are sometimes hard to find. The expat community constantly has people coming and going, so no problem to find a car - speak to pilots.

atila_101
14th Feb 2009, 14:30
Thanks mate.

I´m going for NX. starting next week.

orangina35
15th Feb 2009, 18:02
hi atila !!

congrats for getting a job there in Macau !!!
Do you already get your 320 TR? Or Does NX owns their TRTO in which you will be able to get your training?

Good luck !

xpto
16th Feb 2009, 01:07
:p:p:ugh::ugh:

You guys have no idea...

Good Luck!

TonTonMatuk
16th Feb 2009, 01:18
Do you have any idea what you talking about?....:confused::confused:

TonTonMatuk
16th Feb 2009, 01:32
I am with you XPTO! It's a matter of fact some NX pilots are possessing poor General Aviation knowledge .....Mediocrity prevails!!!:}
Another small point (Add on..): Our Operations Management it's not even capable to get such approval....They are in the dark .....:eek: Yeah!
Maybe the pizzeria flight academy boys are able to help .....once aviation knowledge prevails in that distinct organization...LOL LOL:p

The Dominican
16th Feb 2009, 10:03
Isn't it TonTonMakut?:E

atila_101
16th Feb 2009, 13:42
I'm getting my own TR, actually is already done. If anybody will start a discussion about paying for flying or similar please it's not the time to start it as I'm not happy about that either....

My question was about moving and locations for accomodation.

Thanks for the answers though folks....

happy landings

Pitiless
17th Feb 2009, 12:44
Ah Ah let's see how your mood and determination is after few months with Air Macau dealing with some nasty assholes! Quite a few still around...eheheheheheheh LOL
As Arrowhead says it's quite hot here....
By the way bring along some boxing gloves...it could be useful boy! Ah another thing kick boxing qualification could be an advantage these days!
HAPPY LANDINGS FOR THE COMING TYPHOON SEASON FOLK!

zhuhai-itcouldfly
17th Feb 2009, 18:48
Atila,

The best thing for you to do is to keep away from this thread and you will be ok.

Pitiless
18th Feb 2009, 13:00
Let's wait and see......................................................... .................
ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheh
LOL