PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for DGCA Composite papers

avicon
7th Feb 2009, 04:29
What is the requirement for sitting the DGCA composite papers. I know that you need 100 hours command time to be able to convert an overseas CPL to indian, but does that apply to giving the papers as well.

I have only 70 hours command time, so will I be eligible to sit the test for composite papers. Also, if I gave the paper and cleared it in April, how many years will I have to build up that remaining 30 hours of command time. Do the composite papers expire? Does the DGCA CPL(after conversion) expire. Suppose I converted the licence and then retruned to work as instructor, would my CPL be valid if I came back to India after 2 years?

please help!!!

bad_attitude
7th Feb 2009, 04:38
LICENSING RULES AND REGULATIONS (http://www.dgca.nic.in/licencing/conver.htm)

the papers are valid for 30 months.

you license will be valid for 5 years.

IR, a year from the date of your IR check.

avicon
7th Feb 2009, 05:06
Thank you for that, much appreciated.

Would you know the requirement for applying for composite papers. At the time of application would I need to produce copies of log book. What are tehy looking for. I have seen the flow chart where it shows the 6 month recency requirement, 200 nm,, x/country nav etc. But does it apply to the composite or do I just need to have an overseas CPL licence in order to give the composite papers. I have only 70 hour command time, and have a CASA issued CPL. Do I qualify for the composite test.

Thank you.

777gnieob
8th Feb 2009, 01:28
You dont even need a CPL to sit composite paper. As long as you have 50 hrs flying and you get the computer no you can apply for composite. Goodluck.

bad_attitude
8th Feb 2009, 03:52
i don't think so. you need a CPL in hand to apply for the composite.

with the 50 hours and a computer no, you can just sit for the individual papers.

Canuck15
8th Feb 2009, 03:59
you need to attache attested copies of your icao licence to sit for the composite

divinesoul
8th Feb 2009, 09:25

with the 50 hours and a computer no, you can just sit for the individual papers.

you need to attache attested copies of your icao licence to sit for the composite

i concur too

babboo57
8th Feb 2009, 09:28
the composite paper is out of 100 marks; and consists of air met. and
air nav , wherein questions on air met are few. you need to have a foreign cpl to sit for the composite exam. however if you have a ppl- you can sit for the 2 papers seperately instead of going for the composite exam. in the second case scenario, the air met. paper will be a full fledged one.

avicon
8th Feb 2009, 15:27
Thank you all for your replies.

I have heard that you need total 200 hours within the last 5 years in order to convert the licence. including 100 hours command. Can someone please shed some light on this. Thanks.

avicon
8th Feb 2009, 15:31
I have one quick question.

Does anyone know what date the April batch of conversion exams will be conducted.

I have checked the DGCA website, they have not published anything regarding this. I would like to give the test in April.. Can someone please guide me with the application process. (I have a computer number)

Thanks in advance.

bad_attitude
9th Feb 2009, 11:17
wait for the results of the jan session to come out ... the results document will have the tentative dates for the April session. :ok::ok::ok:

COCOCHANEL
9th Feb 2009, 12:27
Hi aviacon….

For the exams form go to:

http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/pilotexam.pdf (http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/pilotexam.pdf)

Two pages- 1st page application, 2nd page annexure

Page 1: For subjects you should tick Composite and Regulations only.
Fees will be Rs 500 per paper, so for you the total to be paid will be rs. 1000 as you are taking composite and regulations, you will be under category CPLCG.

Demand draft should be made out to PAY AND ACCOUNTS OFFICE, DIRECTOR GENERAL OF CIVIL AVIATION, MINISTRY OF CIVIL AVIATION, NEW DELHI.
The draft should be valid for 6 months, for the latest additional details regarding making out the draft do check this link
http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/PUBLIC%20NOTICE.pdf (http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/PUBLIC%20NOTICE.pdf)

Also wait till the DGCA announces the exam dates, as sometimes additional instructions for making out the draft is given.

In the application form, No. 11, 12 Name and address of DGCA approved flying, ground institution you can put your school and put Australia in brackets, (I put USA in mine)

Page 2: Very important Get the annexure signed and stamped by your CFI after filling your details- no. of hours etc. Lots of my friends had forgotton to do that and had to get the school to courier it back to them.

You will have to furnish them with 10+2 plus all other docs requested in the application all over again, eventhough you've already submitted them when you'd applied for your computer number. Don't forget to get all your docs attested by a central govt. officer.

The rest is pretty straight forward.

Keep checking the dgca website for exam results as that is where they usually publish the date of the next exam session plus last date for application. They take around 1 month to publish results of the previous session , so the results of Jan session should be out sometime between 23rd feb-1st week of march depending on their work load.

Before dropping your application in the box, request one of the DGCA guys in RKPuram to do a quick check for you.

If any other questions let me know….I had somebody help walk me through it as well.

Cheers...

avicon
9th Feb 2009, 20:50
Thank you COCO. Very helpful.

Now, how many centres are there for the exam. I heard that Thiruvananthapuram has been added to the list, but can someone confirm this please.

Apart from the computer number, is there something called the roll number? OR they give you the number after your application has been processed is that correct?

Are there any other identity card etc to be carried before exam? Where do I apply for it? I have been granted the computer number, but never received any mail from them. So it is not in hard copy. I suppose the number itself, from the published list is all that is required.

And finally, where do I send this all to. Do they have an address to send it to. Last thing I want is for the application to end up in the wrong department. You know how DGCa works right, they wouldnt care to forward it to the right section, or even return it undelivered.

Many thanks

avicon
9th Feb 2009, 21:08
Hey, I already got the information regarding issue of photo id cards. Can you please try and answer my other queries. Thanks.

Am i allowed to nominate more than one centre, in case of centre being full?

777gnieob
9th Feb 2009, 22:51

I'm speaking from first hand experience. I attatched my PPL copies and got a roll no. for CPL composite papers. I was surprised too!!

NextGen73
14th Feb 2009, 05:51
I am new to this. How do you get a computer number? I would like to convert my FAA license to DGCA. Does everyone go through an instructor or can you do it on your own? I am working in USA as a flight instructor but can't seem to figure out the process about the conversion. If anyone could lead me step by step, it will be very much appreciated.

game_gaurav
22nd Mar 2009, 20:57
i am currently pursuing my cpl training in canada and have 180 hours now in which 80 hrs as pic....will be completing my course by mid of april...all i have to do is a flite test and fly for the remaining hours as i have already passed my canadian cpl written....i want to sit in the dgca conversion test in july but was told that i first need to apply for a computer number and the last date is 15th of april...can anyone help me how to apply for a computer number from here in my situation....also what r d things i need to do b4 i leave canada so that i dont get into trouble wen i start the process for my conversion.....I also have a indian spl which is pretty old i guess two years old and as well as class 1 medical but i dont know y my class 1 medical details were not put on the dgca site i did my mediacal last year in april...furthermore i have the computer allotment number form but dont have any clue wat to fill in it in my situation....Honestly speaking i dont have any clue about these things nor do i have any guidance from anywhere....
Help would be really appreciated.......
Cheers..

Schumi - Red Baron
23rd Mar 2009, 04:07
Mate in the computer no. appliction write your canadian school as the scholl certified by DGCA (column no.11)....And then fill in rest of the form and post it from canada to dgca in new delhi....

rest everything is self explanatory in the previous posts by COCOCHANEL:ok:

game_gaurav
23rd Mar 2009, 17:43
thanx for the reply.....i will do that 2day itself...is there any hours limitations in applying for computer no. or if i can just send them a copy of my log book and a certificate from my CFI in canada certifying that i have a total of 180 hrs now n will b completing the course by mid of april wid full canadian cpl....i can also send them my PPL license copy too....

matthewgamm
24th Mar 2009, 17:57
From what I understand, the application form for the computer number can be mailed even now (for the July exam).
Once the DGCA puts up the list of computer numbers (I guess this is done about 50 days prior to the commencement of the exams, since they put up the list on March 8 for the April exams starting 27, 28 & 29), that would be the only data applicants would be awaiting for, for them to go ahead and submit the Written Examinations application form, correct? But here's my dilemma:
Kindly refer to point 5 in the following link:
http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/pilot0109.pdf

This came out on March 6. The last date for submission is March 16 (which means that the applicant has 10 days), and they say that the DD should not be drawn 30 days prior to the date of submission of the application. But they put up the computer numbers list a couple days later (March 8), which means that the applicant now has just 8 days to submit his/her application (since they have got to wait to get their computer number first!)
Say I submitted my application on March 10 (well before March 16) and took out the DD the previous day, the DD would not be accepted, since it was drawn 30 days prior to the date I submitted my application?
Would it be advisable to get the DD now itself for the upcoming July exams?

I would appreciate some clarity in this regard.

babboo57
24th Mar 2009, 20:03
matthewgamm,

why are u needlessly confusing yourself ? if u submit the documents on 10th march
and get the DD issued the previous day - then its drawn only 1 day before submission
of documents, which is good. if u were to attach a DD drawn say ,on 1st feb -then it is drawn more
than 30 days prior to submission of documents and hence will not do.

matthewgamm
25th Mar 2009, 04:09
Thanks, babboo57.

The DGCA is infamous for being extra-specific about various things, and for some strange reason, I found myself confused. Thanks again.

COCOCHANEL
25th Mar 2009, 06:21
@matt....

Better to wait for the April results to be announced before buying a draft for the July exams session as the dgca may come up with new instructions for issuing a draft :ugh:.

You will have a window of about 7-14 days from the date of the exams results to submit your application. You'll be covered if you buy the draft on the day of the announcement upto the last date of app. , make sure the draft is valid for six months. The instructions for application for July exams including last date of app. plus draft issue will usually be on the 1st page of the exams results.

dhruva_pilot
23rd Sep 2009, 13:17
hey can u pls tell me that if my foreign cpl is expired can i still take conversion exam plllss mail me on [email protected]

dhruva_pilot
23rd Sep 2009, 13:21
hi all, nw my prob is that im in a dilemma to know weathere we can write the DGCA COMPOSITE paper even if the foreign cpl is expired,,,and if we can write is that the normal conversion or the special attempt plllssssss do help me or pls mail me at [email protected]

alouette3
23rd Sep 2009, 13:51
Most regulatory bodies (FAA,DGCA ,CAA etc)will insist that the license you are trying to convert be current. For what it is worth, you may have to renew your foreign license before you attempt conversion. Especially since you are dealing with the Indian DGCA.

Alt3.

dhruva_pilot
23rd Sep 2009, 14:56
im really rerally thankful bro for replyin me soo soon thnx a lot

nikaviator
23rd Sep 2009, 15:49
I think for this October session, it's too late to apply for the exams (unless you already have a computer no., and have contacts in the dgca).

If you can't renew your licence in the next 2 months, or you want to clear the exams before you go for licence renewal, you can apply for the Air navigation, Meteorology, Air Regulations exams instead of composite and air regulations. You need to have only 50 hours of flying in your log book and get your application signed and stamped by a cfi. Try for the Jan exams.

ayush konisetty
23rd Sep 2009, 19:42
Hi, iam trying to apply for my computer number and also apply for the exams in january can anyone tell me how much time it can take for me to get set and sit for the exams with everything done if i start doing all my documentation now.:\ or is it too late?

COCOCHANEL
24th Sep 2009, 07:57
Not a problem, you'll make it for the January exams session if you have all the required documents ready. First of all, apply for your computer no. now. You can apply for the exams only after the DGCA declare the results for the October session, and publish the new computer nos. This should be sometime in December.

The exams admit list will be published around 1-2 weeks before the exams.

ayush konisetty
24th Sep 2009, 16:42
Yeah i will start doing all my documentation now. Thank you for the feed back

captain-planet
10th Oct 2009, 11:56
nw my prob is that im in a dilemma to know weathere we can write the DGCA COMPOSITE paper even if the foreign cpl is expired,,,and if we can write is that the normal conversion or the special attempthey dhruv..
i have friends who have written exams when their foreign license is not current. An expired license is a different thing altogether.
You can always clear your conversion papers if u hold a license and then go back nd do ur recency..
this am saying, only in case ur license is not current.