PDA

View Full Version : Servisair Dispatcher Salary

King Chav
6th Feb 2009, 15:11
Hello all

Could anyone please tell me what the dispatcher salary is for Servisair ?

Do you get shift pay too ?

Thanks & best regards,

:ok:

tickerdboo
6th Feb 2009, 15:55
ball point figure £8.60 an hour, no shift though

legalize
6th Feb 2009, 16:00
Are dispatchers at all 3 HA at BHX paid the same?

King Chav
6th Feb 2009, 16:56
Thanks for the reply.

So what does that work out as gross anual salary please and is this based on standard hours per week ?

Thanks again.

portosvizzera
6th Feb 2009, 17:05
40hrs x £8.60 = £344 x 52wks = £17888

ABO944
6th Feb 2009, 18:33
Thanks ever so much .... my mathematics is shocking :}

How about overtime pay ? Whats the going rate for some extra graft ?

portosvizzera
6th Feb 2009, 20:00
No problem!!
I dont work in BHX but would guess time and a half for over 40hrs and maybe double time for OT on a Sunday. It does tend to vary at different airports.

King Chav
6th Feb 2009, 20:49
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know if there will be any upcoming recruitment for the summer?

Would be most interested in EDI, GLA, ABZ.

Cheers

legalize
6th Feb 2009, 22:40
If you cant work out that sum I dont think you will be much use as a dispatcher..:ok:

Otto Throttle
7th Feb 2009, 16:02
If you cant work out that sum I dont think you will be much use as a dispatcher..

On the contrary.........it seems like a mandatory job requirement! ;)

Like ensuring that you are uncontactable for as much of the turnaround as possible. :}

chrystall
7th Feb 2009, 17:47
miaow miaow!!

GRIZZLER
7th Feb 2009, 23:32
the only time you will get double time from servisair , is if you work xmas day or if there is a z in the month......its about time and two thirds for a sundays and other bank holidays.......unless i have been robbed these last few years.
:{

newtownards
27th Feb 2009, 12:19
Im dispatch for S'air in Belfast but only get £6.44 an hour :(

Buster Cherry
28th Feb 2009, 23:50
Can someone answer me a question as to why UK handling agents call their ramp agents 'Dispatchers'.?:confused:

I worked as a ramp agent/w&b agent for a few years in the UK but I could never get my head around being called a 'Dispatcher' at the time...Because I wasn't.
I'm now an FAA licenced flight dispatcher & it f*cks me off when UK handling agents call their staff by the the same job title I've worked my arse off for when they have (imo) no right to do so.

Call me a pretentious snob if you like but getting a job title straight out of Burger King which seems to match mine & many others.....Is wrong when I've worked my arse off for my job, certificate & title.

Put the fu*k*ng loadsheet on the aircraft & stop passing yourselves off as a Dispatcher, FFS, :mad:

super737
1st Mar 2009, 11:41
Buster cherry, anybody can do that little $3000 piece of paper. It isn't exactley rocket science. So whilst you claim to have been a "despatcher" in the UK you would understand the aviation business here is completely different as is America, Asia whilst western europe is the same as us.

Dropline
1st Mar 2009, 13:34
Buster

We call ourselves dispatchers because that is generally the job title on our contracts of employment and because dispatcher in the UK means "ramp agent" or "aircraft turnaround co-ordinator". Sorry if that upsets you, but it's been that way for years.

Rightly or wrongly, there is no UK equivalent of the US Flight Dispatcher role. The nearest thing would be Ops Controller or Flight Planner.

There are plenty of threads on this forum where the subject of the difference in the UK and US roles has already been discussed, so can I politely suggest you go and make your unpleasant comments there. Was it really necessary to be so rude?

boeingbus2002
1st Mar 2009, 21:27
Buster - There are many things about the way things are done on yr side of the pond that we don't like...yet do we waste time and bandwidth to rant....nope.
Its a difference that exists, just deal with it.

Dispatchers in UK only say they are beacuse that is what the company calls them.
For your information, we also call motorcycle couriers "despatchers". (Another group to add to yr hate list!)

Oh and it also pisses me off when American "Flight Planners or flight watchers" call themselves dispatchers. I mean what the hell? They just sit in a nice office..no where near the ramp to "dispatch" an aircraft. I Wish they (YOU) would stop hijacking our job title. :E:E

clearasmud154
2nd Mar 2009, 01:02
Buster... if it's any consolation, my airside ID and employment contract state that I am a "load controller"... I tend to put that first for three reasons:

1) not many people seem to know what a load controller actually is.
2) it seems to sit somewhere between £6/hr "turnaround co-ordinator" and £16/hr "turnaround manager" - just ask the world's favourite wotchacallit...
3) it really does confuse 'Merkin and Canadian crews when you call yourself a dispatcher.

On another note, it hacks me off when we get tarred with the gate runner brush, and... dahdahdah etc! You get the idea... :)

Lauderdale
2nd Mar 2009, 15:06
Call me a pretentious snob if you like

Buster you are a pretentious snob!

I have a FAA dispatch license (as well having worked as cc, a ramp dispatcher, Ops Controller, Nav & Perf chappie and have now well progressed beyond that....).

In all these positions I have respected my peers and will continue to do so.

Tell me buster - where did you obtain your license and when?

Friendly Dispatcher
2nd Mar 2009, 19:56
We call ourselves dispatchers because that is the job title given to us by our respective companies. Take your problem to them and not the guys actually dispatching. While you’re at it, see if you can get my uniform changed to a pair of cargo bottoms rather than trousers, sorry I mean pants! Apologies, not sure what I was thinking referring to pants as trousers, I should follow the American way of course in case I upset you.

With American and Canadians crews I'll refer to myself as the turn-around co-ordinator or similar, to avoid confusion. UK and other European crews quite happily refer to and understand my role as a dispatcher. Go look up the meaning of dispatch/dispatcher in a dictionary, you might see that it applies to our role too.

Life's too short to get worked up about much, let alone job titles! You aren't by chance one of those PPL students who turn up to lessons wearing epaulettes are you?

Peace and Love,
FD

daveyb
6th Mar 2009, 23:15
hi all i used to be a snr ramp agent for fdx between the hours of 1900-0700 30% shift allowance applied . after 40hrs 1.5hrs o/t sundays x2
bank holidays day in leiu + x2 or in extreme situations no day in leiu but x3 time.

i dont work for them any more but giving a chance i would be back like a light pension benifits bupa etc

OliWW
31st Jan 2011, 21:17
Does anyone know of any dispatch opportunities at EMA or BHX?

Creasy
1st Feb 2011, 06:58
Anyway 1500pd per month is not much . I wonder how much does a loader get for struggling with 32kg's bags?

5552N0426W
1st Feb 2011, 08:03
More than a dispatcher:confused:

Bigbluebroxi
2nd Feb 2011, 16:21
£6.50ish and hour plus shift pay makes it £7.30 p/h monday to frinday, and extra £1p/h on a saturday and £2p/h on a sunday.

There will be opportunities at most stations coming up for the summer but maybe not to go straight in as dispatch/trc.

And depending on the station they might not give any full time contracts, only 20 hours per week.

Xpert
4th Feb 2011, 08:09
you can bet your life rampies get paid more than dispatch staff!. Normally ground handlers recruit for dispatch staff from within (or at least that's my experience) so you would be very lucky just to walk into a role from the outside.

Creasy
7th Feb 2011, 07:34
How big would be the difference?? So much?

Xpert
7th Feb 2011, 12:01
ive not been involved in ground handling dispatch for a while now, but the best way to tell was to look in the staff car park, look at the hardware the rampies drive to work compared to pax handling / dispatch!. .... the was quite a difference, we lost a few of our dispatchers to Ramp a number of times.

:)

dionysius
8th Feb 2011, 09:09
Does anyone know of any dispatch opportunities at EMA or BHX?

Oliww...try the BHX website unders careers, they are advertising for dispatchers, point of contact is the on site job centre at BHX.

British Grenadier
8th Feb 2011, 12:53
ive not been involved in ground handling dispatch for a while now, but the best way to tell was to look in the staff car park, look at the hardware the rampies drive to work compared to pax handling / dispatch!. .... the was quite a difference, we lost a few of our dispatchers to Ramp a number of times.

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

I normally drive an old banger in to the Staff Car Park at LHR , as i don't want the Roller to get dented in the car park !!!! ;)

kazzie
1st Mar 2011, 23:32
I was getting £6.17 an hour at GLA last summer. With no shift allowance.

chrystall
4th Mar 2011, 19:21
be a good time to start applying with the summer season not far away?

750XL
4th Mar 2011, 19:28
The selection process has probably already been done an interviews started at this time of the year.

ards_boy
8th Mar 2011, 23:03
Did two recent summers for Servisair as a Dispatcher / Load Controller/ Turnaround Co-ordinator.....Call it what you will

First season I was on a casual contract zero hours...so varied from 45+ hours a week in the peak of the summer to 10 right at the end of October wage was £6.44 for everything no extras at all.

Second season only difference was that I got a part-time temporary contract of 20 hours....helped a bit towards the end of summer when the hours where dropping off!

Certainly wouldn't go back for the money .....but a very fun exciting first step on the ladder job if you are wanting to get into aviation and I have fond memories of it!

Advice would be try to get into a big airline who self-handle ......most of the handling agents treatment of lower level staff has deteriorated severely in recent years considering the amount of responsibility held.