PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Groundings (Global)

TheShadow
6th Feb 2009, 08:39
Allegedly another CT-155 Hawk has crashed in Canada (don't know when) leading to all (including RAAF) Hawks worldwide being grounded. Knowing how slowly the system responds, maybe this was related to the April 2008 Moosejaw crash.

But anybody know any more about it?

Double Zero
6th Feb 2009, 09:17
When you say 'all inc 'the RAAF' that's nowhere near all, just those 100 series with the dummy training kit.

Unless a pilot gets too focussed on his target, or that model ( 128 ? ) has different mechanical controls, can't see the relevance - the only way to crash a Hawk is to drive it into the ground ?

Background Noise
6th Feb 2009, 10:21
the only way to crash a Hawk is to drive it into the ground

Not quite sure about that - engines stop and controls fail too.

Double Zero
6th Feb 2009, 10:26
" Engines stop and controls fail too " - granted, but never a grounding issue with the Hawk, which is why I said 'is anything different about the controls'...

MostlyHarmless
6th Feb 2009, 14:33
And meteorites. Don't forget the meteorites.

vfr into cloud
7th Feb 2009, 08:29
back in 96 all RAF Hawks where grounded for some time to have all 3 PFC units removed NDT carried out and then refitted, i know i was there and it was carnage.

artyhug
7th Feb 2009, 09:44
Then there was the loose battery/control line impingement issue but I'm sure as a photographer who worked for the manufacturer rather than someone who had anything to do with the operation of the aircraft you know best 00.....