PDA

View Full Version : XL Airways France renamed LH France ?

australiancalou
6th Feb 2009, 05:56
A rumour from a usually well informed French touristic website says XL Airways France could be bought by an European major interested in the French market to compete with AF KLM.
My guess is LH.
Hopes for the French fellows up there but also for the XL UK gals and guys if that would happen.
Anymore informations from you here?:ok:

boredcounter
6th Feb 2009, 06:01
It could be an EI flag. Who knows

goldeneye
6th Feb 2009, 09:40
Could it be Thomas Cook, they currently use XL France for some of the long haul flying programme for the French Tour Operators, They have airlines in most of the main european markets but not France as yet.

globetrotter79
6th Feb 2009, 10:07
More likely BA...isn't it about time they had another go at trying to put together a second force (read: "Basket Case") airline in France?!!

airhumberside
6th Feb 2009, 11:14
Why would BA or LH want a French charter airline?

australiancalou
6th Feb 2009, 13:15
Don't have time to translate the French writen article.
To answer the last post it is mentionned that a major willing to launch a French subsidiary could save time by buying XL France.
Do they have good informations or are they guessing I do not know.
That's why I was posting this just in case someone have more informations.:ok:

airhumberside
6th Feb 2009, 20:53
Havent Lufthansa proved with their new Italian subsidary, and indeed BA with Open Skies, that setting up a new operation in another EU country isn't that hard to do? Unless CDG slots are the biggest attraction. How slot restricted is CDG at peak times?

Mimiben
11th Feb 2009, 23:02
For your information, I spotted a A330 XL france in Hangar 1 at Manchester... However it might only be for maintenance contract...