PDA

View Full Version : Air India Express Screening

zanng
5th Feb 2009, 04:06
I have just been advised by Rishworth that I may have an interview and sim screening in Palma de Mallorca next week. They also advise that I must pay my own airfare from the USA in order to attend. Is this normal? Rishworth did say that AI was looking for European candidates since the screening was being held in Europe. Any thoughts? I don't want to start a bad precident.

Also, any info on their interview and sim screening would be appreciated!

Rotorhead1026
5th Feb 2009, 08:36
There are a lot of agencies seeking B737 pilots for India. I haven't looked that closely (already flying for somebody else over here), but some are bound to be recruiting for Express. You might be able to be "screened" without flying to Europe. I don't know your situation or experience level, but I personally wouldn't pay for this one.

I don't have any information on the interview or screening. Sorry.

Good luck in any case. :)

bear11
5th Feb 2009, 10:02
Any of the guys I know who were screened for Air India were done in India on AIs own sims. They were able to get AI flights to go to the screening, which would have covered most of the cost.

Palma would be specific to many Spanish pilots, mainly from Futura who amongst others have gone bust. So in answer to your question, it is not normal, and you could take the view that either Rishworth are trying to look after you by slotting you in, or that they couldn't give a toss and it's your problem.

If you go and do the sim and get the job, view it as just the start of more to come - just be aware that the Indian attitude towards a contract is not the same as a European or American view, and they really don't care how you do it at home because you're on their patch.

stowaway
5th Feb 2009, 16:01
I hope that you are not expecting a lengthy stay in India, as the DGCA are refusing to extend FATAs past even one year. It is likely that you would be out of work again this tiem next year.
Their intention of getting rid off all ex-pat pilots by 2010 seems to be on track

Rotorhead1026
6th Feb 2009, 06:08
as the DGCA are refusing to extend FATAs past even one year.

Not quite an out-and-out refusal, but it's SLOW, and getting an employment visa is getting hard, too. HOWEVER ...

this is happening to folks working for private carriers. It may be completely different for a job with AI / Express / etc. It's easier to grease the wheels.

Juniorslm
6th Feb 2009, 07:19
i had recieve an off for screening but i have currently accepted another contrat. The india was through rishworth and they offer to pay all expences to include air travel.